USER_PERMISSION_DENIED to a new MCC account

omr...@singular.net

Nov 7, 2018, 6:23:25 AM11/7/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

We are a third party that manages our new customer MCC account.
When calling ManagedCustomerService we receive  - AuthorizationError.USER_PERMISSION_DENIED.
I would like to add the full logs once I can replay privately,

Thanks in advance,
Omri Gal

Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)

Nov 7, 2018, 3:33:27 PM11/7/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Omri,

The AuthorizationError.USER_PERMISSION_DENIED error occurs when user does not have permission to access the customer.

It could be that there is no link between the manager account authenticated in the request with the client account specified in the headers or your OAuth2 credentials are from a user who does not have access to the client customer ID specified or any of its manager accounts.

This said, you should make sure that the OAuth2 credentials you are using were generated using an email address that has access to the account you are making the API request to. Also, you could use ManagedCustomerService.get()  to determine which client accounts are linked to your manager account (see sample code for reference).

If error persists, could you provide the complete SOAP request and response logs that were generated when the error was encountered so I could investigate further? You may use the Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Dannison
AdWords API Team