How to set Keyword settting to Audience or Content when I add display keyword via adwords api?

Ken Hsu

Nov 5, 2018, 2:56:35 AM11/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi everyone
Can I set Keyword settting to Audience or Content when I add display keyword via adwords api?
Just like the screensot in attachment

擷取選取區域_032.png

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Nov 5, 2018, 6:07:59 AM11/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ken,

Setting keyword to audience or content is currently not possible via the AdWords API. You may also follow our blog for updates in AdWords API.

Best regards,
Vincent
AdWords API Team

Pete Lavetsky (AdWords API Guru)

Aug 10, 2021, 2:21:47 PM8/10/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Has there been any update to this issue with regard to availability with the Ads API?

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2404186#zippy=%2Cyou-choose-keywords-and-topics

"Contextual targeting is one of a few different methods that you can use to get your display ads on sites, apps, and webpages that are part of the Display Network. This method of targeting uses the keywords or topics you’ve chosen to match your ads to relevant sites. Note: This only applies to keywords with “Content” selected for the keyword setting."

How, via the Ads API, do you select "Content" for the keyword setting ... I'm not sure what API fields this is referring to

Thanks
Pete

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 11, 2021, 1:45:22 PM8/11/21
to pete.l...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

I brought to my team your request for the Ads API to set display ad keyword settings option - to be audience or content. You may monitor our blog for an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Lm77p:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 30, 2021, 3:00:53 PM9/30/21
to pete.l...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

Audience targeting is now greyed out, when attempting to select it a popup states "Audience keyword targeting is no longer available. To show ads to people based on the keywords they’re interested in, create a custom intent audience." By default the selection is "Content" and there is no need to set anything when using the API to add content keywords.

For setting Audience keyword targeting you can create a CustomAudience based on keywords using the CustomAudienceService   with CustomAudienceType of "Auto" and added keywords as CustomAudienceMembers with CustomAudienceMemberType of "KEYWORD".

To attach this audience to an AdGroup you can then use https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v8/AdGroupCriterionService adding the custom audience as a criterion.