AdWords Java SDK - Getting DatabaseError.CONCURRENT_MODIFICATION

Stepanian

Nov 20, 2018, 7:35:06 PM11/20/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Yesterday I started getting a DatabaseError.CONCURRENT_MODIFICATION error for operations that are part of a tool that I have developed and used for months. The tool creates an ad group and then (sequentially) adds criteria to it. There are no multiple threads accessing the API at any given point time. The error comes up at different parts of the process, so there is really no pattern. In fact, in one case, it appeared in the first step the tool was initially creating an ad group!

Has anything changed as far as concurrent modification monitoring in the API itself? Is this something that could be an issue that you may be addressing?

Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Nov 20, 2018, 8:56:10 PM11/20/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Raffy,

The DatabaseError.CONCURRENT_MODIFICATION error that you encountered could occur due to multiple processes that are trying to update the same entity at the same time. It includes a user in the AdWords web interface that is updating the entity while you are updating as well via the API. Can you retry the request again and check if you're still encountering the error? If so, please provide your clientCustomerId, and complete SOAP request and response logs so I can further investigate the issue on my end. You can send them via Reply privately to author.

Thanks,
Luis
AdWords API Team

an.dea...@likereply.it

Nov 21, 2018, 4:11:14 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Did u have any response?

rau...@adext.com

Nov 21, 2018, 4:29:26 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello!,

I have the same problem than Stepanian, yesterday I started to get the same error "[DatabaseError.CONCURRENT_MODIFICATION @ com.google.ads.api.services.campaignmgmt.common.error.DatabaseError.<init>(Datab] - Code : 50014" But the interesting thing is that the app was working properly for the past 8 months.

could you help us plesae?

Thnks in advanc

jesse young

Nov 21, 2018, 4:29:26 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Luis,
 I work with Raffy. We are getting this error on adgroup creation in some cases. How is that possible?

Thanks

an.dea...@likereply.it

Nov 21, 2018, 4:47:14 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
This is happening also to my application. It was working in this last year very great, from today no.... mmmmh!

Philo

Nov 21, 2018, 9:48:26 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Same issue here (using the PHP SDK). We haven't made any modifications and starting yesterday we are experiencing the same issue.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 21, 2018, 10:03:44 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello All,

To be able to troubleshoot on our end, could you please share the SOAP logs along with your CID from one of the requests that failed with this error? You could use reply privately to author while sharing the details.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 21, 2018, 10:28:56 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Anna,

Thanks for the quick response. I have shared the logs with the team. I'll keep you posted on the updates.

obuqueras...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 12:02:49 PM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
It's happening the same for me. Always working well but since yesterday this error started to turn up :(

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 21, 2018, 1:15:36 PM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Our team is currently looking into this. I'll keep you posted on the updates.

Philo

Nov 23, 2018, 10:34:17 AM11/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sreelakshmi,

Any update on this?

Thanks!

Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)

Nov 23, 2018, 1:30:48 PM11/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Philo,

I am a colleague of Sreelakshmi. Allow me to respond to you as she is OOO. Unfortunately, there are no updates with the team regarding this. Rest assured we will provide updates to you once available.

Regards,
Dannison
AdWords API Team

an.dea...@likereply.it

Nov 26, 2018, 4:42:29 AM11/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Are there any updates???

Thanks,

Anna

alessandr...@trovaprezzi.it

Nov 26, 2018, 6:08:37 AM11/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hi,

We have experienced the same issue. We have created an application that uses the C# Adwords API to create adGroups and keywords in a sequential manner (without using different threads).
Until now, everything was ok, but recently the creation of some keywords fails, in a randomic way, due to this DatabaseError.CONCURRENT_MODIFICATION error.

Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)

Nov 26, 2018, 1:34:47 PM11/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

The team is still currently working on this. I will provide updates once available.

Regards,
Dannison
AdWords API Team

Def

Nov 28, 2018, 7:23:43 AM11/28/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, any update on this? I think we are a lot of people experiencing the same problem.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 28, 2018, 3:03:48 PM11/28/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

We don't have any updates yet. The team is currently working on this. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear from them.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Dec 3, 2018, 4:32:39 PM12/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello All,

Could you please confirm if you are still facing CONCURRENT_MODIFICATION error while making calls with the AdWords API?

Jim Malone

Dec 3, 2018, 5:15:09 PM12/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
The problem appears to have resolved itself for us.  Can you let us know what the problem was, and if there's anything we can/should do on our end to avoid it from happening again in the future?

Jim

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Dec 4, 2018, 3:35:29 PM12/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

There was an issue which is currently addressed. If you still see the errors and if you are not making concurrent changes to the same entities (in which case the error is expected), please let me know.