Performance of the mutate members API call for a CrmBasedUserList

Stephanie

Feb 14, 2018, 4:24:59 PM2/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I am writing to get more specific data and insight than what I could find in the AdWords API guide and reference documentation. I saw that it takes 6-12 hours for a list to be populated with members and wanted to know more about how it handles uploads more frequent than once every 12 hours.

1. How would it handle a member being added to an audience, removed from that audience, and added to a different audience in separate batches? If those operations were submitted two hours apart, for example, would they all be resolved within 6-12 hours or would it take 6-12 hours per operation?
2. Are audiences able to be used in ad campaigns while their status is "In Process"?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Feb 15, 2018, 12:52:51 AM2/15/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Stephanie,

Please see my comments below to your questions.

1. Based on this guide, it may take up to 6 to 12 hours for your list to be actually populated/updated with members. Basically, if you have 3 requests for adding members, removing them, then adding them again in 2 hours apart per request, then per request will still have 6 to 12 hrs before it is completed. You can make your last request as your point in counting the number of hours for the whole requests to complete.

2. Yes, you can already associate the audience/user list with "In process" status to your campaigns, and it will be successful in the API. However, your audience criterion won't function as intended as there are no members of your audience yet, or it is still in progress in adding members to it.

Let me know if you have further clarifications.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team