Max number of days for membershipLifeSpan in CrmBasedUserList (v201509 AdWords API)

alexande...@emarsys.com

Feb 12, 2016, 4:35:38 AM2/12/16
to AdWords API Forum
Dear AdWords API Team and fellow devs,

when creating a CrmBasedUserList via the v201509 AdWords API the maximum value accepted for membershipLifeSpan is 180 days although the documentation says 540 days. Is this an issue in the API or in the documentation?

Best,
Alex

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Feb 12, 2016, 1:07:19 PM2/12/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Alex,

The maximum number of days for CrmBasedUserLists is 180, although for other lists it is 540 as that documentation suggests.

You can read this article for more information: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6276125#requirements

I'm going to look into getting the documentation around CrmBasedUserLists updated to indicate this limit, because I don't actually see it anywhere in the API documentation. Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Robert Paskowitz

Feb 21, 2018, 5:30:13 PM2/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Bumping a very old thread, but was hoping to get some clarification on this point as well.

Below it's stated that the maximum number for CrmBasedUserLists is actually 180, but we were wondering if that has perhaps since been increased in 540. When creating through the UI, we seems to be able to set to 540, and none of the linked documentation appears to have been updated to reflect a limit of 180, however sample code at https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/samples/python/remarketing does indicate a 180 day limit.

Has the limit perhaps been updated from 180 to 540 since the reply a couple years ago, and some sample code is out of date, or is the limit still 180, but documentation could use some updated?

Thanks in advance,

-Rob

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Feb 22, 2018, 8:22:41 AM2/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

You're right, the range for MembershipLifeSpan has been expanded to 540 days, or you can even use the value of 10000 for no expiration.

I will take a look at updating our sample code to reflect this.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team