Campaign not accepting some InMarket Category Ids

Chaitanya Kulkarni

Oct 4, 2019, 8:09:54 AM10/4/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Team,
I am using Google adwords API to create a campaign/ ad group with inmarketing targeting. I am getting the data for existing inMarket categories by using ConstantDataService. While creating a campaign programmatically, I observed that for some of the in-market categories, I get "Invalid User Interest Id" for some categories.

I tried to create a campaign from Google Adwords exmaple library by providing all the in-market categories but there also, I received "Invalid User Interest Id".

Following are categories for which I am getting "Inavlid user interest id":
==
80866    Vacation Packages
80880    Eyeglasses & Contact Lenses
80885    Material Handling Equipment
80884    Food Service Equipment
80887    Work Safety Protective Gear
80886    Signage
80890    Batteries
80893    Cooking & Baking Ingredients
80895    Condiments & Sauces
80899    Fans
80898    Air Conditioners
80901    Coffee Maker & Espresso Machine Accessories
80903    Refrigerator Accessories
80902    Mixer & Blender Accessories
80905    Curtains & Drapes
80906    Window Blinds & Shades
80909    Linens
80908    Wall Light Fixtures
80913    Office Chairs
80912    Desks
80917    Kitchen & Dining Room Chairs
80918    Stools
80921    Measuring Tools & Sensors
80925    BBQ & Grill Accessories
80924    Pest Control Supplies
80933    Video Streaming Subscription Services
80932    Audio Streaming Subscription Services
80935    Dog Food & Supplies
80934    Power Adapters & Chargers
80937    Pants
80936    Cat Food & Supplies
80938    Shirts & Tops
80941    Sofas
80940    Hats
80942    Accent Tables
80945    Kitchen Tools & Utensils
80949    Backpacks
80951    Political Contributions (Left-Leaning US Candidates & Causes)
80950    Political Causes (US Elections)
80953    Political Volunteering (Left-Leaning US Candidates & Causes)
80952    Political Contributions (Right-Leaning US Candidates & Causes)
80954    Political Volunteering (Right-Leaning US Candidates & Causes)
===

Can you please check and let me know the reason?
Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 7, 2019, 10:31:50 AM10/7/19
to chai...@coditation.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Chaitanya,

Thank you for reaching out to support. Regret the delay as I was checking this internally with the team. Could you please share the following details which will help us investigate the issue further?

1. Specific campaign Id
2. What is the target language / country for the campaign where the request fails?

You can share the details privately via Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UKMBjk:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 10, 2019, 3:19:47 PM10/10/19
to chai...@coditation.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chaitanya,

Thank you for sharing the details privately. If you're using AdWords API, the CriterionUserInterest is targetable for Display campaigns. The shared campaign Id belong to a Search campaign. Could you please try the targeting for a Display campaign and share the API request and response logs for us to take a closer look? You can share the details privately via Reply privately to author option.

Chaitanya Kulkarni

Oct 11, 2019, 5:07:35 AM10/11/19
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
I already mentioned that while creating a campaign programmatically, I observed that for some of the in-market categories, I get "Invalid User Interest Id" for some categories. Search campaigns also, with most of the in-market categories, I am able to create the search campaign programmatically using CriterionUserInterest, but for only earlier mentioned 50 odd categories the campaign is failing.

Could you please check and let me know if specific market categories support only display campiagn?

Thanks,
Chaitanya

--

Logo_-_1_.png

Chaitanya Kulkarni

Coditation Systems | http://coditation.com

Pune, Maharashtra - India

Mobile +918308212958  | Skype: chaitanya.kulkarni64