Keyword performance report through API is missing data

arom...@media-asm.com

Sep 21, 2016, 2:53:43 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
For some reason the keyword performance report I downloaded through API is missing certain campaigns' data comparing to UI number.
There's no filter applied to keyword performance report download, we did toggled between   IsNegative = false to IsNegative IN [true, false] , but both pull are missing data.
Can anyone advise me why? How to pull the entire campaign report with keyword level of detail?
Thanks!

Aroma

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 21, 2016, 3:22:04 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Aroma,

Have you set the includeZeroImpressions header to true in the report request? Rows with zero impressions stats may not be included if zero impressions are not requested explicitly. If this doesn't solve the issue, please provide the complete report definition used along with some campaign Ids for which keywords are missing in the downloaded report.

Thanks,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

arom...@media-asm.com

Sep 21, 2016, 3:43:24 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Yes, we included zero impressions. It looks like the keyword report downloaded through API has the same total as "all but removed keywords" , but not the same as "all account".

Here are the API report parameters we sent through

KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT_FIELDS As String() = {"CampaignId", "CampaignName", "AdGroupId", "AdGroupName", "AveragePosition", "Criteria", "KeywordMatchType", "Date", "Impressions", "Clicks", "Cost", "Device", "AccountDescriptiveName", "FinalUrls", "QualityScore", "Conversions"}

config.IncludeZeroImpressions = True

                predicate.field = "IsNegative"

                predicate.operator = PredicateOperator.IN

                predicate.values = New String() {"TRUE", "FALSE"}

AccountId:(952-723-4860)

Thanks!

Aroma

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 21, 2016, 4:26:01 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Aroma,

The IsNegative field indicates if the given keyword is negative or not. To include removed keywords in the report, you need to add a predicate (Status IN [ENABLED,PAUSED,REMOVED]) to the report definition as suggested in this post.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

arom...@media-asm.com

Sep 21, 2016, 4:33:39 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
We just added Status, but still it's not the complete data.
For same account (AccountId:(952-723-4860)) cost for Sept. 15, 2016 should be $82,825.67. But no matter what predicate we put in the API call, the keyword report can only get down $56,040.62.
Please advise. Thanks!

Aroma

arom...@media-asm.com

Sep 21, 2016, 5:01:45 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Pulled keyword performance report again through API, with a predicate (Status IN [ENABLED,PAUSED,REMOVED]. But it looks like only status "enabled" and  "paused"came down, nothing else.

Aroma

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 21, 2016, 5:22:00 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Aroma,

The Keywords Performance Report includes statistics for the keywords in your accounts. The "Total-all account" statistics reflect your entire account which would include different types of targeting criteria including keywords.

Could you add predicates to include stats where the campaign and ad group is removed as well? A keyword's effective status also depends upon its campaign's and ad group's statuses. The predicates to be used are: CampaignStatus IN [ENABLED, PAUSED, REMOVED] and AdGroupStatus IN [ENABLED, PAUSED, REMOVED].

I would suggest that you use Criteria Performance Report to get statistics for all criteria, as this report includes statistics at the ad group criteria level, one row per ad group and criterion combination.

arom...@media-asm.com

Sep 21, 2016, 5:27:43 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you, will try.
Aroma

arom...@media-asm.com

Sep 21, 2016, 9:16:04 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Tried to put in two more predicates, but report is still not changed.

Aroma

arom...@media-asm.com

Sep 21, 2016, 9:44:57 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Guess we have to use criteria-performance-report now.
Can you tell me which column is KeywordMatchType in criteria-performance-report now?
Thanks!

Aroma

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 22, 2016, 1:03:33 PM9/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Aroma,

I'm afraid the KeywordMatchType field is not available in Criteria Performance Report. You have to use the Keywords Performance Report to get keyword level stats. This guide provides the reporting options available at different levels, which can help you choose the correct report for your need.