How to get data for "Where Ads showed" tab under Placement Section via Adwords API

Ronak Shah

Apr 24, 2019, 7:12:55 AM4/24/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

We are trying to fetch the data for "Where ADs Showed"  tab which is there under Placements section via Adwords API.We have tried Placement Performance Report and Automatic Placement Report, but the Report data doesn't match with Adwords UI.

Can anyone tell me how to get this data?

Regards,
Ronak

googleadsapi...@google.com

Apr 24, 2019, 10:51:14 AM4/24/19
to ro...@growthpilots.com, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ronak,

The Where Ads showed data can be pulled using the Automatic Placements Report. Please check the guide on how the API reports are mapped to the Google Ads UI. If you're seeing any discrepancy, could you please share the report query along with the CID, using the Reply privately to author option to check this further?

Thanks,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Ronak Shah

Apr 24, 2019, 11:41:23 AM4/24/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Bharani,

Thanks for your response, yes we have tried downloading the Automatic Placements Report and we do see data but we cannot get the Youtube Channel name.Infact we also cannot see the youtube placement URL instead Display Name column only shows "youtube.com" but we cannot fetch the Youtube Channel name. Can you tell me how do we get the YT Channel name?

Thanks,
Ronak

googleadsapi...@google.com

Apr 24, 2019, 4:38:10 PM4/24/19
to ro...@growthpilots.com, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ronak,

The Automatic Placements report will only return the display name from the Google Ads UI which is youtube.com

Thanks,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

Max Lin

Feb 13, 2020, 11:58:52 PM2/13/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Having the same issue. Which report can we use to extract the performance for the youtube channel id?

By default, this report only returns rows where AdNetworkType1 = CONTENT. To include results for other networks, include a predicate on AdNetworkType1 in your request. For example, to include YouTube placements, add AdNetworkType1 IN [YOUTUBE_SEARCH, YOUTUBE_WATCH] to your request.

After adding the adnetworktype1 predicate it doesn't return any result.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 14, 2020, 2:19:29 PM2/14/20
to m...@bidmonitor.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

The only report type that contains the video channel ID is the Video Performance Report.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UV0neT:ref

Max Lin

Feb 17, 2020, 2:31:35 AM2/17/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
the video performance report is not able to return any results even when I don't put in any predicate conditions.
i'm running display ads and wished to list the youtube channel id listed under "Where ads showed"

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 18, 2020, 4:58:16 PM2/18/20
to m...@bidmonitor.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Max,

I am Nikisha from Google Ads API team. Please allow me to support your concerns in the absence of my colleague Anthony.

Could you please share the complete report definition along with the client customer id for further investigation for me to take a look into the issue with Video Performance Report on your end? Also, for your other concern, "Where Ads showed" data in the UI can be pulled using the Automatic Placements Report. Please check the guide on how the API reports are mapped to the Google Ads UI. Let us know if you need any additional information.

Regards,
Nikisha Patel, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UV0neT:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 18, 2020, 4:59:56 PM2/18/20
to m...@bidmonitor.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Max,

Please use Reply privately to author option while sharing the details for investigation.

Regards,
Nikisha Patel, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UV0neT:ref

Mohan Pd. Upadhyay

Apr 27, 2020, 2:47:24 AM4/27/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Can anybody help me to fetch Where ADs Showed report with youtube channel for a display ad?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 27, 2020, 12:25:09 PM4/27/20
to mhn...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohan,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get the YouTube channel from the Automatic Placements Report, which is the report mapped to Where Ads Showed in the UI. The only report the video channel is available is the Video Performance Report.

Regards,
Anthony

Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UaSSEe:ref