Different result from adwords api and google ads api for geo performance

Rosdyana Kusuma

Sep 10, 2019, 6:51:14 AM9/10/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I tried to get geo performance reports using google ads api for this cid (6998037737), this is my query

"SELECT campaign.id , campaign.name , ad_group.id , ad_group.name , customer.id , geographic_view.country_criterion_id , metrics.all_conversions , metrics.all_conversions_from_interactions_rate , metrics.all_conversions_value , metrics.average_cost , metrics.average_cpc , metrics.average_cpm , metrics.average_cpv , metrics.clicks , metrics.conversions , metrics.conversions_from_interactions_rate , metrics.conversions_value , metrics.cost_micros , metrics.cost_per_all_conversions , metrics.cost_per_conversion , metrics.cross_device_conversions , metrics.ctr , metrics.impressions , metrics.interaction_event_types , metrics.interaction_rate , metrics.interactions , metrics.value_per_all_conversions , metrics.value_per_conversion , metrics.video_view_rate , metrics.video_views , metrics.view_through_conversions , segments.date , segments.day_of_week ,segments.geo_target_city, segments.device , segments.month , segments.quarter , segments.year from geographic_view WHERE segments.date BETWEEN '2019-08-01' and '2019-08-01'"

I got result total of impressions is 2910,

and then I tried using google adwords api with this query in python
report_query = (adwords.ReportQueryBuilder()

.Select('CountryCriteriaId', 'CityCriteriaId','Clicks', 'Impressions')

.From('GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT')

.Where('IsTargetingLocation').In('TRUE')

.During('20190801,20190801')

.Build())

the result total impression is 3333,

when I check on the google ads dashboard for those specific date, the total impressions is 3333.

and then I tried user_location_view with this query, which is I set IsTargetingLocation to True,

"SELECT campaign.id , campaign.name , ad_group.id , ad_group.name , customer.id , user_location_view.country_criterion_id , metrics.all_conversions , metrics.all_conversions_from_interactions_rate , metrics.all_conversions_value , metrics.average_cost , metrics.average_cpc , metrics.average_cpm , metrics.average_cpv , metrics.clicks , metrics.conversions , metrics.conversions_from_interactions_rate , metrics.conversions_value , metrics.cost_micros , metrics.cost_per_all_conversions , metrics.cost_per_conversion , metrics.cross_device_conversions , metrics.ctr , metrics.impressions , metrics.interaction_event_types , metrics.interaction_rate , metrics.interactions , metrics.value_per_all_conversions , metrics.value_per_conversion , metrics.video_view_rate , metrics.video_views , metrics.view_through_conversions , segments.date , segments.day_of_week ,segments.geo_target_city, segments.device , segments.month , segments.quarter , segments.year from user_location_view WHERE user_location_view.targeting_location=TRUE AND segments.date BETWEEN '2019-08-01' and '2019-08-01'"

and the total impressions is 2910,

after looking for the root problem, I found that google ads api not return the empty city, while google adwords api does. that's why the total number of impressions is different.

is there any suggestions to solve this problem, we would like to use google ads api even it's still beta version.

thank you,
have a good day,
regards,
Ros.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 10, 2019, 5:04:02 PM9/10/19
to rosdyan...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rosdyana,

Could you please share the screenshots of report results for the empty cities scenario to help further? Please use reply privately to the author option while sharing the details requested.

Regards,
Sai Teja, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHGGZ5:ref

Kristian Sentić

Oct 28, 2019, 6:12:39 AM10/28/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I have same problem as Rosdyana.

I get rows segmented by city, but i am missing metrics from rows that have segments.geo_target_city = NULL
Is there any way we can get this data too?

Thanks, Kristian Sentic

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 28, 2019, 11:56:17 AM10/28/19
to kristia...@foreo.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kristian,

Thanks for letting us know. A feature request is already in place for this. I will update you on this thread once I have more information.

Rosdyana Kusuma

Jan 21, 2020, 8:49:58 PM1/21/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Dear Sai Teja,

Any update regarding this feature request ?

thank you,
have a good day.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 22, 2020, 11:28:32 AM1/22/20
to rosdyan...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rosdyana,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m a colleague of Sai Teja. Right now we don’t have any update on this bug. I will keep you updated. In the meantime, please keep an eye on our blog and release notes to monitor the announcements and updates on new releases.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHGGZ5:ref

maria.r...@funnel.io

Aug 25, 2020, 5:19:16 AM8/25/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Xiaoming and the Google Ads API Team,

This still seems to be an issue, we have the same problem. Any updates on when this bug will be fixed?

Thanks,
Maria Ravander

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 25, 2020, 9:16:27 AM8/25/20
to maria.r...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Maria,

The core issue was fixed in June for this particular thread, and people confirmed that it was working. Perhaps, you're having a slightly different issue. Could you click 'Reply privately to author', and provide me with the query, the customer ID, and results that you see that are not what you expect?

Thanks,
Nadine Wang, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHGGZ5:ref