Can You Use The AdWords API To Access The Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool?

Robert O'Kruk

Sep 24, 2014, 4:36:25 PM9/24/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am wondering if you can use the AdWords API to access the data that is provided from the AdWords Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Sep 25, 2014, 9:36:28 AM9/25/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

No, this feature is not available through AdWords API.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

John Parillo

Oct 27, 2015, 4:31:23 PM10/27/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Is this still the case today?

I'm currently building a sales support tool and i'm looking to be able to detect if a website (in canada) is currently running adwords or not.

SEMrush and SpyFu does not provide much data from Canadian sites and i've experienced 30% succes rate in detections.

I'm looking for alternatives solution to better detect if a website is running Adwords.

Thanks for the help!

John

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Oct 28, 2015, 12:22:17 PM10/28/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi John,

No, we still don't support this feature, nor have this item on our roadmap.

Cheers,
Anash

Джурахон Одинаев

Jun 8, 2016, 5:13:21 PM6/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, still not? How Can I Check with API displayed my ads on google search or not? Thank you

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Jun 9, 2016, 6:35:45 AM6/9/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You could run an ad performance report and filter by AdNetworkType=SEARCH to find out whether your ad is serving on Google Search. The ability to see an ad preview is a UI feature; if you want that in your application then you should build that functionality in your UI.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Anupam Sringeri

Nov 29, 2017, 4:46:24 AM11/29/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anash,

We would like to use the The Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool to monitor brand bidding. We do not want our competitors to bid on our brands. If this is served up via API, then we can automate the monitoring process i.e. get an alert when a competitor ad shows up for our trademarked keyword and such. Are there any plans to provide API access to this tool anytime in the near future? And in the meantime, what can we do to automate the monitoring process? Are there other ways to achieve this currently? Please advice.

Thanks,
Anupam

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Dec 4, 2017, 2:09:49 PM12/4/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anupam,

Neither of these features are supported by AdWords API, and unfortunately I can't think of a way to automate this monitoring process either.

Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

syam...@synchroweb.com

Mar 22, 2018, 1:54:20 AM3/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
it's 2018 now...
Google still not support ad preview??

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Mar 23, 2018, 3:48:47 PM3/23/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Syam,

No, this feature is still not supported in AdWords API. Most developers end up building their own preview tool as a workaround, so we've kept this feature as lower priority.

Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Brian Leonard

Jun 11, 2018, 5:03:42 PM6/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Anash,

I think the better feature is not the preview tool, but the diagnosis portion, like below.  Is this diagnosis data available through the API?

Thanks!
Brain

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Jun 12, 2018, 12:36:08 PM6/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Brian,

It isn't. I can clarify your ask in the feature request.

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

moh belk

Jan 10, 2019, 7:40:12 PM1/10/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Anash,

I'm interested to build my own Ads preview as "Creative preview". Could please share with us how you currently handled the display of ads from URL?

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Jan 11, 2019, 5:04:03 AM1/11/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Ad preview isn't an available feature as of the moment. You may look out for updates by referring to our blog.

Sincerely,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Neeb

May 7, 2019, 12:14:32 PM5/7/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi did you manage to create your "Creative preview"?, did you progress on this topic coz i am also interested in same.

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 7, 2019, 3:25:17 PM5/7/19
to ne...@hotmail.co.uk, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Neeb,

Ad preview is still not available in the API.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/d8383c0c-d4d6-4677-9c50-b3c245f136a7%40googlegroups.com.

Rohan

May 31, 2020, 2:21:44 PM5/31/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Anash,

While I understand that the Ad preview tool may still not be available in the API, however could you please shed some light onto the part where you mentioned about building a custom preview tool? Do you have any examples you can share?
Looks like we'll have to create one of our own but need some inputs from you.

Thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 2, 2020, 10:52:52 AM6/2/20
to affili...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rohan,

Unfortunately, we don't have any examples but we have heard of users who generate HTML from an ad's content to render it in a manner that looks similar to the ad preview in the Google Ads UI.

Fortunately, there is a feature request to put this in the API. You can follow our blog for updates.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1ztGf4:ref

Scott Vaillancourt

Aug 24, 2020, 11:46:53 AM8/24/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We're currently using the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to understand where ads are showing and look for opportunities to expand keywords. Does this functionality exist with any other API's? If not, is there any estimate of when the feature request might be released?

Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 24, 2020, 1:25:47 PM8/24/20
to sc...@lionhurst.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

There is a request to have this added to the API. Unfortunately, I cannot give any timelines but you can follow our blog for any announcements.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1ztGf4:ref

Emre Gökmenoğlu

Apr 28, 2021, 5:36:45 AM4/28/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi All,

Is there any good news about this topic?

All Best,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 28, 2021, 9:10:09 AM4/28/21
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This feature is still currently not available. We will keep you updated.

Cheers,
Anthony

Emre Gökmenoğlu

Dec 23, 2021, 5:43:20 AM12/23/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Is there any update?

Best,
Emre.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Dec 24, 2021, 3:44:55 AM12/24/21
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emre,

Let me follow up the team regarding this. I'll let you know the soonest they provide their feedback.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1ztGf4:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Dec 27, 2021, 1:51:46 AM12/27/21
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Emre,

Thank you for your patience.

I’ve received the update from my team. Currently, we don't have a plan to expose this feature via the API. Kindly follow the blog and announcement if anything changes in the future.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1ztGf4:ref

Emre Gökmenoğlu

Dec 28, 2021, 7:44:33 AM12/28/21
to ads...@forumsupport.google, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yasar,

Thanks for your quick reply.

All Best,

Emre Gökmenoğlu
Founder
Assos Digital Growth Agency
Buyaka Kule 2, Kat.17, Umraniye, Istanbul, Turkey

Bu e-posta gizli veya özel olabilir.  Eğer bu e-posta size yanlışlıkla gönderildiyse lütfen bir başkasına iletmeyin. Tüm kopyaları ve ekleri silip bana e-postanın yanlış kişiye gönderildiğini bildirin. // This email may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it went to the wrong person.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/_drU_000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000R4RHPX00jBDDy0PNSRCPB_MnwY-bsg%40sfdc.net.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 8, 2023, 12:40:52 AM2/8/23
to lambert....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lambert,

Thank you for getting back to us. I hope you are doing well today.

Currently, we still don't have a plan to expose this feature via the API. Kindly follow the blog and announcement if anything changes in the future.

However, you may also check this Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool article as this shows a preview of a Google search result page for a specific term

Regards,

Google Logo
Darwin
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1ztGf4:ref

Stephen @pinterest

Nov 17, 2023, 6:25:21 PM11/17/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Checking in here. Any plans in the 2024 roadmap to support ad previews?
Thanks!