Display Ad preview (Video Thumbnail)

Oksana Sulyma

Feb 9, 2018, 9:27:29 AM2/9/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi guys,
We have a client that would like to see Video Preview next to his Display Ads in reports that we produce.
So we show data we get from Adwords Ad Performance Report.
Am I correct that if Ad has Ad type = TEMPLATE_AD (Display ad) - this is video?
Is there any way to pull this video preview thumbnali from API using Ad Performance report IDs?
Thanks!

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Feb 9, 2018, 3:31:17 PM2/9/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Ad type = TEMPLATE_AD can refer to any of the ads created using AdGroupAdService and the TemplateAddata type. Please refer this guide for more clarity. However, via API, the closest to Video Campaigns you can have is the Video Performance Report, but, unfortunately, it does not give the video preview that you are looking for.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team