Which keyword (states) are included in SEARCH_QUERY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT?

Zweitze

Aug 3, 2017, 5:44:35 AM8/3/17
to AdWords API Forum
 Hi all,

Suppose I have a broad match keyword "AdWords", which was fired on search query "AdWords API".
Later that keyword was deleted. And now I request a SEARCH_QUERY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT.

Will search query "AdWords API" be included in the report?
If it isn't, how can I get it included?

Note that this report has no field like "KeywordStatus", and therefore cannot set a filter explicitly including or excluding keyword states.

Thanks in advance!

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Aug 3, 2017, 12:13:54 PM8/3/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

If the search term "AdWords API" triggered an impression for the broad match keyword "AdWords" in the duration for which the Search Query Performance Report was requested, then this search term will be included in the downloaded report, even if the keyword which matched the query and triggered the ad is later on removed. You can get the current status of the Keyword from Keywords Performance Report. The stats in the Search Query Performance Report would correspond to when the keywords were enabled. Are you looking to filter the results in Search Query Performance Report based on the current status of your Keywords?

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Zweitze

Aug 7, 2017, 5:42:40 AM8/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Shwetha,

Thanks for your answer. Indeed I'm looking to set up a predicate on the keyword status, the same way I can set up a predicate on group and campaign status, to ensure that all keywords are included.

Why? In other reports of AdWords API, over the years, when you did NOT set a predicate, the meaning changed a lot - at least four times. Sometimes removed keywords/groups/campaigns were included, sometimes not, etc.etc. Sometimes the change of meaning was intended and documented, sometimes it wasn't, but it was hard for Google to revert the change in a short time.
Anyway, this part of API proved not to be so reliable over time. Some developers (like me but others too) work around possible future problems by always including a predicate on all statuses.

Hence my surprise that on SEARCH_QUERY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT you can set up predicates on campaign and group status, but not on keyword status. Can you pass the wish to include this field?

A related question, you can set up a predicate on KeywordTextMatchingQuery but not on KeywordId. Any particular reason? (And yes, I want to exclude certain keywords but it's hard to derive KeywordTextMatchingQuery from a keyword).

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Aug 7, 2017, 11:03:26 AM8/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The Status field in AdWords API reports provide the status of the main object in a row. Since the Search Query Performance Report is aggregated at the search terms level, there isn't a status associated with the search term as such. I'll convey your request to add these features to the team. You can follow the Google Ads Developer Blog for any updates or announcements.

Zweitze

Aug 8, 2017, 3:41:10 AM8/8/17
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you!

For the record, I expect a field KeywordStatus. It's just like the id of the keyword: in keyword reports it is called Id, but in this report KeywordId. So KeywordStatus, representing the current status of the keyword to which the search term was matched.