RateExceededError <rateName=OperationsPerDay, rateKey=billing_developer_request, rateScope=ACCOUNT, retryAfterSeconds=86400

Srikanth Sundara

Sep 18, 2016, 11:17:18 PM9/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Google Adwords help!

We are using 'OfflineConversionFeedService', version='v201607' to upload our offline conversions.
Lately (since about a week ago) we have been running into following issue,

'[RateExceededError <rateName=OperationsPerDay, rateKey=billing_developer_request, rateScope=ACCOUNT, retryAfterSeconds=86400>]'

We only upload conversions once every 24 hrs. This batch process was running file all along since about a year or so.

Can you please help us with this request ?

We are looking at upload 8000 - 10000 conversions per day.

Thanks!
Srikanth

Joyce Lava

Sep 19, 2016, 12:06:20 AM9/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Srikanth,

The rateName in the RateExceededError determines the name of the rate limit that was exceeded and the rateScope tells the rate scope that was exceeded. In your case, the rateScope is ACCOUNT and rateName is OperationsPerDay which probably means that you are making too many requests against an AdWords account. If you are encountering this error when you submitted requests over 8,000 against a single account, I recommend that you reduce the number of requests and operations. Please revisit our rate limit guide to prevent possible rate limits error.

Thanks,
Joyce, AdWords API Team