Unrecognized configuration section GoogleAdsApi

Olayinka Popoola

Feb 13, 2024, 8:44:10 AMFeb 13
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I updated the googleAdsApi on my application and I am getting the above error.

I dont know why GoogleAdsApi Section of my App.Config  is not recognised

Please help

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 13, 2024, 10:39:40 AMFeb 13
to ayotade...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Could you provide more information about the issue? Specifically, where are you encountering the error? If possible, please also share relevant screenshots of the error for further investigation. If you are seeking guidance on configuring Google Ads API using App.config, you can refer to this link.

You can send the details via Reply privately to the author option, or direct private reply to this email.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02rz3tx:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Zweitze

Feb 15, 2024, 5:55:25 AMFeb 15
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
You're using the .NET library, right?
In one of the recent versions a breaking change was introduced, related to the default settings in the config file. You need to use an extra package. Unfortunately I forgot which.

The library maintainers refuse to document this breaking change in the change file.
Your best bet is to enter a new bug report, within a few days you should get a reply.
If you're in a hurry, look at the closed bug reports of the last six months or so.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 15, 2024, 8:55:14 AMFeb 15
to zwe...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

I see that you have already raised this concern on another thread with the subject "Unrecognized configuration section GoogleAdsApi" and we have already responded there for this issue. To avoid multiple threads on the same issue, please take a look at that thread and continue the discussion on the same for further updates on the issue.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02rz8gG:ref"