Developer token is missing in the REST interface

Elumalai Eswar Prasad

Apr 12, 2024, 4:36:15 PMApr 12
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Google ads support,

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I've encountered while using the Google Ads API. From new update, I noticed that the developer token input is missing from the REST interface, which has been causing difficulties in making API calls. don't know whether its missed or any other way to give that. I have been unable to find a resolution.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? provide some guidance on any changes in authentication headers that may have occurred with the recent updates to the API.

I am attaching the screenshot of the rest interface and the response coming from the rest interface.

Screenshot (208).png

this is the curl request:

curl --request POST \
  'https://googleads.googleapis.com/v16/customers/9609694295/campaignAssetSets:mutate?key=[YOUR_API_KEY]' \
  --header 'Authorization: Bearer [YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN]' \
  --header 'Accept: application/json' \
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --data '{"operations":[{"create":{"assetSet":"","campaign":"","resourceName":""}}]}' \
  --compressed

and below is the response i got:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "Request contains an invalid argument.",
    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT",
    "details": [
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.ads.googleads.v16.errors.GoogleAdsFailure",
        "errors": [
          {
            "errorCode": {
              "requestError": "DEVELOPER_TOKEN_PARAMETER_MISSING"
            },
            "message": "developer-token parameter is missing."
          }
        ],
        "requestId": "h9T0skJVDKOgwypyqkRcKA"
      }
    ]
  }
}

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Apr 15, 2024, 11:17:41 AMApr 15
to eswar....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

After checking the provided logs, I could see that you have encountered the "
DEVELOPER_TOKEN_PARAMETER_MISSING" error. It means that developer-token parameters are required for all requests. I would suggest you use the customers.campaignAssetSets.mutate endpoint and try to make a request by passing the customer ID and developer token. Let us know if you face any issues.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tP59k:ref" (ADR-00231006)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Elumalai Eswar Prasad

Apr 18, 2024, 10:42:15 AMApr 18
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

What the exact issue, after the new UI update of the REST interface, input field to give DEVELOPER TOKEN is missing, where else can i give

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Apr 18, 2024, 11:18:08 AMApr 18
to eswar....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

It seems you have missed our last update regarding this issue.

I would recommend you to add “?Concierge__enable_concierge=false” at the end of the url to get the developer token input field.

For instance,

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/rest/reference/rest/v16/customers.campaignAssetSets/mutate?Concierge__enable_concierge=false

Kindly note that it is a temporary workaround, and we will be fixing this soon.

Tanguy Vandervelden

Apr 18, 2024, 12:29:27 PMApr 18
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I'm quite sure to understand the purpose of the “?Concierge__enable_concierge=false”, it there currently a problem with the developper token ?