Audiences target setup in AdGroup

denma test

Aug 17, 2020, 9:23:14 AM8/17/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi
I would like to setup target as like in Audience section in AdGroup level. What are the resource i can use to done it. Please suggest me right way to do the setup. FYI attached screenshot here.
Screenshot_2020-08-17 denma client - Google Ads.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 17, 2020, 4:22:42 PM8/17/20
to denm...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You may want to take a look at the TargetingSetting and TargetingSettingDetail fields. You can refer to this guide for more details on Remarketing and Audience Targeting. For sample code on setting targeting, you can refer here for reference.

Regards,
Danica, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23Kl8A:ref

denma test

Aug 18, 2020, 4:49:08 AM8/18/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks, will look into shared details and come back to you if need any.

denma test

Aug 18, 2020, 7:48:14 AM8/18/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi
Have checked with shared links and https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/samples/php/remarketing, but i could not getting needed details. the thing is we need to get the audience list as like in google ads UI. The highlighted link have some details to create Audience list, but there is not much details to list and others. My need is

1. Where can get Audience list as like google ads UI such as Search, Ideas, Browse.
2. Sample to setup audience list in AdGroup
3. What are Audience list can be done via API, there are 5 types in google ads. For reference attached screen shots.

Tow parent audience list type
1. Remarketing with 5 sub types
2 Custom affinity with two sub types
Please let me know the possible types to done with API and also how to get listing of Audiences from Google ads which is nor created myself. Possible please share ant code samples, since am using PHP version of Google Adwords API.

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 1:52:42 AM UTC+5:30, adsapiforumadvisor wrote:
s2.png
s1.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 18, 2020, 8:33:44 PM8/18/20
to denm...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

1. Where can get Audience list as like google ads UI such as Search, Ideas, Browse.
  • In the Google Ads API, the Search, Ideas and Browse tabs correspond to the different criterion IDs. You can find a list of all the available criterion IDs, codes and formats in this documentation. Please expand the "Affinity Categories" section to view the audience criterion IDs that match the ones in your screenshot.
2. Sample to setup audience list in AdGroup
  • Please refer to the sample code in the documentation I provided here to target ads in an ad group to a user list. Though it is not in PHP, you will have to use the Java code for reference as it is the only sample available. As developers, I'm sure it won't be difficult to work around. You may also refer to the PHP code samples for targeting here if you need additional reference. I have attached a screenshot of the portion of the documentation where the sample is located:Image_2020-08-18_19-58-54.png
  • Additionally, if you would like to see the available PHP examples for Remarketing, you can refer here as well.
3. What are Audience list can be done via API, there are 5 types in google ads. For reference attached screen shots.
  • The available audience lists in AdWords API are listed here in the guide I provided in my previous email.
4. Please let me know the possible types to done with API and also how to get listing of Audiences from Google ads which is nor created myself.
  • See answer to question #3 and #1, respectively. With regards to your question on custom affinity, it may be helpful to take a look at this documentation for Remarketing lists and custom combinations. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
Additionally, I can see that you have opened a few cases regarding the same or similar concerns (for one instance, here). For tracking purposes, please try not to open duplicate threads on the same issue.

denma test

Aug 19, 2020, 3:28:30 AM8/19/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks, let me check with shared details in development. Ask you further if have any queries.

cv

Aug 19, 2020, 3:32:30 AM8/19/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

You may want to take a look at the TargetingSetting and TargetingSettingDetail fields. You can refer to this guide for more details on Remarketing and Audience Targeting. For sample code on setting targeting, you can refer here for reference.
-> Is there similar options available (TargetingSetting and TargetingSettingDetail )  in Google Ads API Beta? If yes please guide me where I can check or how I can get using API?

Thanks,

denma test

Aug 19, 2020, 6:02:00 AM8/19/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi
From you:
1. Where can get Audience list as like google ads UI such as Search, Ideas, Browse.

    In the Google Ads API, the Search, Ideas and Browse tabs correspond to the different criterion IDs. You can find a list of all the available criterion IDs, codes and formats in this documentation. Please expand the "Affinity Categories" section to view the audience criterion IDs that match the ones in your screenshot.

My queries:
Have check with https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/codes-formats#top_of_page, there i can find CSV for Affinity categories and In-market categories, but there is no data available for Life events, Detailed Demographic targets under who are they. Have attached screen shots for missed data.

On Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 6:03:44 AM UTC+5:30, adsapiforumadvisor wrote:
Screenshot_2020-08-19 denma client - Google Ads(2).png
Screenshot_2020-08-19 denma client - Google Ads(1).png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 19, 2020, 2:51:53 PM8/19/20
to chirag....@gmail.com, denm...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

@denma test
Unfortunately, the Life events and Detailed Demographic targets are not available in the AdWords API. You will have to continue using the UI in order to use these fields.

@cv
Yes, this is also available in Google Ads API. You can refer to this documentation for TargetingSetting. For more details on how to access TargetingSetting, please take a look at this guide.

denma test

Aug 20, 2020, 2:36:16 AM8/20/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi
@denma test
Unfortunately, the Life events and Detailed Demographic targets are not available in the AdWords API. You will have to continue using the UI in order to use these fields.

Thanks for the details, one thing need, is these options are available in Google Ads APi beta version?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 20, 2020, 1:24:08 PM8/20/20
to denm...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

These options are not yet supported in the Google Ads API. However, a feature request has already been put in place for its support in the future. You can follow our blog for any updates on if this becomes available in future releases.

denma test

Aug 21, 2020, 1:59:28 AM8/21/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Okay, sure. Thanks.

denma test

Aug 21, 2020, 2:05:22 AM8/21/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi
One more thing is in search tab, i can get result form the Categories CSV like Custom affinity, in-market audience, but some auto created audience list are not available in CSV, may i know how to get it form API. Attached screenshot for this, here am searching for children cloths, in result set for example WOmens media fans can get from CSV data, but coming to retro fashon cloths how can i get from API. Please share details specific to this query. Thanks in advance.

denma test

Aug 21, 2020, 4:14:27 AM8/21/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
missed attachment added here
Screenshot_2020-08-21 denma client - Google Ads.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 21, 2020, 10:14:23 AM8/21/20
to denm...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can retrieve the custom affinity via CustomAffinityService.get().

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Anthony Madrigal
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23Kl8A:ref

denma test

Aug 24, 2020, 8:16:37 AM8/24/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi
Yes, i knew it and done with code as below

public function listCustomAudiences() {
        $session = self::setSession();
        $adWordsServices = new AdWordsServices();
        $customAffinityService = $adWordsServices->get($session, CustomAffinityService::class);
        $customAudienceLists = [];
         // Create the selector.
        $selector = new Selector();
        $selector->setFields([
            'CustomAffinityId','Name','Type'
        ]);
        $selector->setPredicates(
            [
                new Predicate(
                    'Type',
                    PredicateOperator::IN,
                    [
                        'CUSTOM_AFFINITY',
                        'CUSTOM_INTENT'
                    ]
                )
            ]
        );

        // Retrieve the conversion tracker and print out its information.
        $customAffinityResult = $customAffinityService->get($selector)->getEntries();
        // print_r($customAffinityResult);exit();
        if ($customAffinityResult !== null) {
            foreach ($customAffinityResult as $key => $value) {
                $customAudienceLists[$value->getType()][$key]['id'] = $value->getId();
                $customAudienceLists[$value->getType()][$key]['name'] = $value->getName();
                $customAudienceLists[$value->getType()][$key]['type'] = $value->getType();
                // print_r($value->getId());
            }
        }
        print_r($customAudienceLists);
    }
Thing is it will return data corresponding to my accoutn in API, but in Google Ads UI i can get data which is not created by myself. So i need details specific to this.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 24, 2020, 2:49:19 PM8/24/20
to denm...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You won't be able to get the auto generated audiences through the API. You can only see the ones listed here.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo