Calculate CPC

Albela jani

Apr 12, 2018, 5:39:58 PM4/12/18
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone, Can you suggest how to calculate CPC. In this sample  it shows a long value i.e 770785 or 269730.
But the sites like  ubersuggest shows well calculated CPC value i.e  $ 2.01.

Thanks

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Apr 13, 2018, 2:02:56 AM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Albela,

Can you confirm if what you want to know is the formula to calculate CPC? If so, then this concern is more on the AdWords product level, and not AdWords API specific. You can post this in the AdWords Community Forum for further assistance.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team

Albela jani

Apr 13, 2018, 4:17:49 AM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
I am using TargetingIdeaService to get keywords ideas about avg. monthly search volume, avg. CPC and competition. avg CPC return a big values ( i.e 483766, 729832, 5515225 ) and I want CPC something like this ( i.e 0.48, 0.72, 5.5  ).

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Apr 13, 2018, 6:42:30 AM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Albela,

Thanks for the confirmation. The AverageCpc is of type Money and its value is represented in micros. If you want that your API value would be the same as the UI value for this field, you just need to divide the API value by 1000000 (e.g. 483766/1000000 is 0.48).

Albela jani

Apr 13, 2018, 7:18:24 AM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Oh man :) , Really !
I was thinking that there could be a built in method but I think it should be the only approach,

Thanks :)