How do you get Structured Snippet extensions?

Oliver

Mar 3, 2016, 11:17:55 AM3/3/16
to AdWords API Forum
In the adwords UI we see 4 Structured snippet extensions defined at the account level.

But when we use CustomerExtensionSettingService and run this query:

SELECT ExtensionType, Extensions, PlatformRestrictions WHERE ExtensionType IN [STRUCTURED_SNIPPET]

We don't get back anything.

Any ideas why?

Umesh Dengale

Mar 3, 2016, 3:52:11 PM3/3/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

The CustomerExtensionSetting.extensionType - STRUCTURED_SNIPPET was added in the AdWords API v201509 and available in the v201601.  Please provide me privately the SOAP XML request and response logs for API call. Just click Reply privately to author in the forum when responding.

The Structured Snippets could be retrieved using fields PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT.PlaceholderType and PLACEHOLDER_REPORT.ExtensionPlaceholderType . The Structured Snippets has placeholder type id as 24. Please check PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT and PLACEHOLDER_REPORT for more details.

Thanks,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

suvodhoy sinha

Mar 20, 2016, 4:37:01 AM3/20/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi

Any update on this. I am facing a similar issue even though I am using v201601. The CustomerExtensionSettingService is returning data about other extensions but not Structured Snippet.

Umesh Dengale

Mar 21, 2016, 10:47:45 AM3/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Could you provide me privately the SOAP XML request and response logs for API call. Just click Reply privately to author in the forum when responding.

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Mar 24, 2016, 9:29:03 AM3/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Suvodhoy,

I can get back the structured snippet feed item using the CustomerExtensionSettingService on my account.
So I wonder if you've created the structured snippet feed using Extension Setting Service?
If not, you have to migrate the feed to be the ExtensionFeedItem first using these steps.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

suvo...@adnabu.com

Oct 11, 2016, 9:29:48 AM10/11/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Thanet,

Pardon for the very delayed response. We had created all the structured snippets using feeds created in the AdWords user interface. The documentation mentions we should not face any issue if they were created through the interface. Though we are able to fetch all other extensions, we still face a issue when it comes to Structured Snippets.

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Oct 12, 2016, 5:38:55 AM10/12/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Suvodhoy,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Could you please send your recent SOAP logs that you used to get extensions, to me again by Reply privately to author?
The last one you sent to us was already too old and it's hard for engineers to investigate.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team