Custom data feed item performance report

Nathamon Natty

May 29, 2020, 5:38:31 AM5/29/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi guys,

Background is I'm trying to query out the custom data feed item performance to investigate item by item. i.e.
Product A in campaign C get how many impression and conversions etc.

However after I searched through report API, there seems only to have the product item performance report available if you use the shopping ads or a Merchant center which I don't use both of that.

My question is, is there a solution to this? Have I missed this report type in the doc?

Thank you,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 29, 2020, 10:19:41 AM5/29/20
to nathamo...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The Placeholder Feed Item Report can be used to get performance data on your feed items. For custom feed items, the PlaceholderType will be 14 and you can use the AttributeValues field to get the data specifically associated with these types.

Cheers,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zspLG:ref

Natha

May 29, 2020, 11:35:21 PM5/29/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Thank you Anthony!

I've tried the Placeholder Feed Item Report, it seems to work but the only problem is that the value isn't there

Screen Shot 2563-05-30 at 10.29.37.png

Here is the query I use

var QUERIES = [{'query' : 'SELECT AdGroupId, AdGroupName, Conversions, ConversionRate, ConversionTypeName ' +
    'FROM   ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT ' +
    'DURING 20191001,20200430',
                'spreadsheetUrl' : 'https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/xxx/edit#gid=xx',
                'tabName' : 'ConversionTypeName',
                'reportVersion' : 'v201809'
               },
               {'query' : 'SELECT CampaignName, Clicks, Impressions, Cost ' +
    'FROM   CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT ' +
    'WHERE  Impressions > 10 ' +
    'DURING 20191001,20200430',
                'spreadsheetUrl' : 'https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/xxx/edit#gid=xx',
                'tabName' : 'Campaigns',
                'reportVersion' : 'v201809'
               },
               {'query' : 'SELECT FeedItemId, AdGroupId, Conversions, ConversionRate ' +
    'FROM   PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT ' +
          'WHERE  Impressions > 1 ' +
          'AND  FeedId = xxxxxxx ' +
          'DURING 20191001,20200430',
                'spreadsheetUrl' : 'https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/xxx/edit#gid=xx',
                'tabName' : 'Feed Item',
                'reportVersion' : 'v201809'
               }
              ];

function main() {
  for(var i in QUERIES) {
    var queryObject = QUERIES[i];
    var query = queryObject.query;
    var spreadsheetUrl = queryObject.spreadsheetUrl;
    var tabName = queryObject.tabName;
    var reportVersion = queryObject.reportVersion;
    //Logger.log(spreadsheetUrl + " " + query);
    var spreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.openByUrl(spreadsheetUrl);
    var sheet = spreadsheet.getSheetByName(tabName);
    var report = AdWordsApp.report(query, {apiVersion: reportVersion});
    report.exportToSheet(sheet);
  }

}
The report from ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT and CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT work perfectly, please let me know what have I done wrong with the PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT. Would be highly appreciated guys.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 1, 2020, 9:45:47 AM6/1/20
to nathamo...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natha,

Please check whether your feed Id in your WHERE clause has data. However, it appears you are using Google Ads Scripts. So if you continue to face issues, I'd recommend posting on their forum for assistance.

Regards,

Natha

Jun 19, 2020, 3:37:13 AM6/19/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Anthony,

Google Scripts forum gave an answer that Scripts uses the API for reporting, and it's possible there is an API solution for what I'm trying to do, but at the moment, scripts does not support metrics reporting for this placeholder type. So this means that it's possible but have to do with Adwords API instead right? Although on the document, it sounds as if it's only possible for the extension though and not the dynamic re-marketing feed. May you help double check that it's really doable?

Please refer to conversation with Google Script team here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/adwords-scripts/QIgIjinRYDs

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 19, 2020, 10:12:39 AM6/19/20
to nathamo...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natha,

Google Ads Scripts uses the same reporting as AdWords API. Just like with Scripts, metrics for dynamic remarketing feeds are not available for this report. It will only give you attribute values.

Natha

Jun 23, 2020, 11:26:19 PM6/23/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Anothony,

Thanks for a clear answer. Will it be available in the near future?

Best,
NT

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 24, 2020, 12:20:21 PM6/24/20
to nathamo...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We aren't planning on adding enhancements to the AdWords API. Our top priority right now is to get the new Google Ads API ready for general availability. You will be able to get reporting for Dynamic Remarketing in Google Ads API. You can find more details here.
Message has been deleted

Mynd Nathamon

Jun 30, 2020, 4:35:48 AM6/30/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Anthony,

Thanks! I'm exploring Google ads api now although wondering if such feature will be available on the Google Ads UI as well?

Best,
NT

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 30, 2020, 9:26:59 AM6/30/20
to natham...@traveloka.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You will need to reach out to the product team to see whether this feature will be included in the UI.

Leo Shaw

Feb 5, 2021, 4:55:43 AM2/5/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, I've been unable to get performance metrics for individual items in a dynamic remarketing feed using the Google Ads API.  The API docs seem to suggest it's possible, and I can fetch a limited set of data on the individual feed items with a query like this

SELECT feed_item.id, feed.name, metrics.impressions FROM feed_item WHERE feed_item.status = 'ENABLED' AND feed.id = '207408177' LIMIT 20

However the majority of fields (start_date_time, attribute_values etc.) don't return anything, and metrics like impressions are always zero (filtering WHERE metrics.impressions > 0 returns no results).  If I remove the constraint on feed.id, the query returns fields and metrics for feed items for other types of ads, and I can see in the UI that the dynamic remarketing ad has plenty of impressions.
Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to get performance metrics for individual feed items in a dynamic remarketing feed?

Thanks for any help,

Leo

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 5, 2021, 2:26:05 PM2/5/21
to l...@leoshaw.co.uk, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leo,

Can you please share your full report query and results through reply privately so I can take a closer look?

Thanks,
Anthony

Google Logo