Slow aw-reporting performance after update

Filip Holmberg

Mar 6, 2018, 8:44:34 PM3/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Posting an issue concerning the latest version of the aw-reporting tool here as well. Originally posted in the aw-reporting github issue section.but maybe someone can help here as well since this is critical and needs to be solved somehow before the next api sunset.

-------

We have been using your tool for years with the same settings without any major issues. Updated the tool to the latest 2.3.0 now and experiencing some serious performance issues with our largest reports.

We keep up-to-date detailed data of our keywords for 65 days resulting in a total of 10+ milloin rows. Up to now that query has taken about 4 hours to complete when refetching all the data after updating the tool. However now after this update the report downloading slows down after a while and gets jammed at around 1,5 million rows updating only a few hundred rows per minute. At the beginning of the process the download speed is around 60 000 rows per minute.

Any ideas how we can solve this critical issue? I have tried restarting the whole process from scratch now twice so that does not seem to work. Please help!

Report properties
`KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT=ExternalCustomerId,Date,CampaignName,CpcBid,Cost,Clicks,Impressions,Conversions,Ctr,AverageCpm,AverageCpc,AveragePosition,AccountCurrencyCode,Id,QualityScore,KeywordMatchType,CriteriaDestinationUrl,AdGroupId,CampaignId,Status,IsNegative,FirstPageCpc,TopOfPageCpc,MaxCpc,Labels,Criteria,SearchImpressionShare`

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Mar 7, 2018, 1:28:24 AM3/7/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Filip,

Your concern is more on the performance of the aw-reporting tool, and not AdWords API specific (e.g. RateExceeded error in your aw-reporting tool). This said, I suggest that you wait for the answer of the library owners in this link as they are more equipped to answer issues/concerns related to this tool.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team