Keywords updating using Keyword Planner Tool?

Mark Anthony Gutierrez

Apr 9, 2018, 5:25:45 AM4/9/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We noticed that using Keyword Planner Tool updates the keywords we request. For example:

Keyword                Updated Keywords     Search Volume
tax accountant       tax accountant            4400
tax accountants     tax accountant            4400
tax accounting       tax accountant            4400

The keyword planner return this updated keywords instead of the keyword we input.
Question is how can we mirror this using the Google Adwords API?

Thanks!

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Apr 9, 2018, 3:27:29 PM4/9/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Mark,

It is currently not possible to distinguish statistics for close variants using the TargetingIdeaService. The API will return same results for similar keywords. If you're using keyword planner from the UI to perform the search, it will return results in a single row for all the similar or identical variants. You may refer to this article for additional reference.

Bharani, AdWords API Team