Update keywords of campaign using API

tedsf

Sep 21, 2016, 1:57:41 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Folks,

Was wondering if it's possible to update the keywords of a campaign without logging into the AdWords portal.  I would assume you can do a HTTP PUT request to the API but as of yet nobody has been able to definitively tell me yes or no.  If the PUT is possible, could I also make changes in bulk using JSON object?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

@tedsf

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 21, 2016, 2:33:49 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ted,

You can find an example of a complete API call structure here. You would need to make an HTTP POST request to the AdGroupCriterionService to update keywords. You need to include an OAuth2 access token in the request header that identifies either a manager account acting on behalf of a client, or an advertiser directly managing their own account.

You could also consider using one of the available client libraries to make requests to the API. The code samples provided with the client libraries cover all the most common API functions. The AddKeywords Java example shows how to add new keywords and the UpdateKeyword Java example shows how to update a keyword.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.