Audience Segment based on Firebase Custom Conversion specific parameter value

Lorenzo Scortichini

Jun 9, 2022, 10:41:44 AM6/9/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,
*SHORT PREMISE* We have our mobile Apps linked with Firebase.

I'm looking to create an Audience Segment based on App Conversion Action with a specific parameter value as it can be done via Ads UI ( Tools & Settings -> Audience Manager -> Segments -> "+" -> App users) . You can see an example in the attached screenshot.

None of the code examples seem to help me since even the result of the ConversionAction example still picks as members "Visitors of a page with specific tags" despite the fact that the ConversionAction I provided is a FIREBASE_IOS_CUSTOM.

The part where I'm struggling the most is the Refine Action where I have absolutely no clue how can be done via API.

Since I'm stuck any help is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Schermata 2022-06-09 alle 15.30.33.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 9, 2022, 2:23:20 PM6/9/22
to l.scor...@doveconviene.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

With regards to your concern to set up custom audience, you may refer to this guide. Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Nirmita
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2b65pf:ref

Lorenzo Scortichini

Jun 10, 2022, 10:05:45 AM6/10/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Nirmita,
thanks for the quick reply.
I've probably provided not enough information.
We already checked out the guide you provided and we couldn't find a solution that fits our needs.

We have some ConversionAction in our App, which is linked to Google Ads Via firebase, and we're able to fetch them via API.

From the UI we can create an App User segment where we can select the app, the Conversion Action, AND refine the action by providing a specific parameter and a value. (UI result is the  "This action must match every parameter below" part)

We're struggling with this last point. We aren't able to figure out how to Refine the UserList's Conversion Action with additional parameters and values via API.

Hope this will help to figure out what's our problem.

Thanks

Lorenzo

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 10, 2022, 3:53:02 PM6/10/22
to l.scor...@doveconviene.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you for reaching out.

With regards to your concern,  you can refer to this guide. Let me know if you have any question.

Lorenzo Scortichini

Jun 16, 2022, 5:35:13 AM6/16/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Nirmita,
Following this code example Add Conversion Based User List, I've created a user list based on the ConversionAction id of one of our Mobile App conversion actions (conversion type: FIREBASE_ANDROID_CUSTOM).
The problem is even though I successfully created the List with a MOBILE APP ConversionAction when I check the result on the GoogleAds Audience Manager page this rule has as Type "Website visitors".
Attached you can see a list created via API and one via GoogleAds UI. Those have a substantial difference in Segment Members.

How can I create an App User one via API?

Schermata 2022-06-16 alle 10.59.08.png
Schermata 2022-06-16 alle 10.55.34.png

Kind regards

Thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 16, 2022, 12:08:11 PM6/16/22
to l.scor...@doveconviene.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

You can see visitor your website, visitor with specific segments and visitor who took specific action available in audience segments in the Google Ads API. Let me know if you have any question.

Lorenzo Scortichini

Jun 20, 2022, 5:07:40 AM6/20/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Nirmita,
thanks again for coming back to me.
Unfortunately, with everything you linked me so far I couldn't replicate the exact result I'm expecting.
As stated in the previous mail, all the UserList I'm generating via API are for some reason Website user segments.
What I'm trying to replicate via API is basically this :

The main problem is in the docs I cannot find anything that proves how to create a MOBILE APP user segment result instead of a website one.

I hope I have made the point a bit more clear.

Thanks again

Lroenzo

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 20, 2022, 12:35:59 PM6/20/22
to l.scor...@doveconviene.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

For us to provide specific recommendations, could you provide us with the complete Ads UI screenshot showing the audience that you’ve created via Ads UI? Please send us a screenshot using reply privately to the author option.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2b65pf:ref

Kalid Sherefuddin

Jun 21, 2022, 7:24:14 AM6/21/22
to l.scor...@doveconviene.com, Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/8c65bce9-2e24-4f2b-a871-9861dbe4d844n%40googlegroups.com.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 21, 2022, 8:23:00 AM6/21/22
to kalidsher...@gmail.com, l.scor...@doveconviene.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Thank you for the reply.

Allow me to raise this issue to my team for further checking. Rest assured that we will provide updates when become available.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Heidi
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2b65pf:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 23, 2022, 12:33:12 PM6/23/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, kalidsher...@gmail.com, l.scor...@doveconviene.com
Hi,

Here's an update on the two issues discussed on this thread:
  1. The failure to create a FIREBASE_IOS_CUSTOM ConversionAction is working as intended. This type of conversion action is not manageable via the API: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/conversions/additional-types.
  2. We're investigating if it's possible to create a user list for "Took specific actions within an app". I'll get back to you when I have more information.
Best regards,
Josh Radcliff, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2b65pf:ref

Lorenzo Scortichini

Jul 4, 2022, 4:45:17 AM7/4/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello Josh,
thanks for the update.
To clarify point 1 we are not trying to create a new FIREBASE_IOS_CUSTOM, instead, we were attempting to create a User List of "Took specific actions within an app" type by adding an existing FIREBASE_IOS_CUSTOM as conversion_action to a UserListActionInfo and then using it to make a BasicUserListInfo.

Regarding point 2 is there any update yet? If not do you have an ETA?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Lorenzo

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 6, 2022, 4:55:35 PM7/6/22
to l.scor...@doveconviene.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorenzo,

I don't have an update just yet, but I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I have any info to share.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Josh Radcliff
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2b65pf:ref

Lorenzo Scortichini

Aug 29, 2022, 3:57:35 AM8/29/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Josh,
is there any update on this matter?
Thanks

Lorenzo

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 30, 2022, 9:36:18 AM8/30/22
to l.scor...@doveconviene.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorenzo,

I don't have any updates at the moment, but I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.