AdWords v201708 CustomerService / clientCustomerId null value - error?

Bejan @ MarketFlare

Aug 10, 2017, 11:26:20 PM8/10/17
to AdWords API Forum
Attempted to migrate from AdWords API v201705 to v201708 and while running existing code to get all customer accounts, this error was received.

    AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED @ ; trigger:'<null>'

Was there a change in v201708 so that clientCustomerId is required while retrieving all customers in a managed account?

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201708/CustomerService

"Starting with v201607, if clientCustomerId is specified in the request header, only details of that customer will be returned. To do this for prior versions, use the get() method instead."

Thanks,

Bejan A.
http://www.marketflare.com

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Aug 11, 2017, 3:31:28 AM8/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Bejan,

I tested the getCustomers() method of CustomerService using v201708 in my test account without setting a CID in the property file, and I was able to successfully retrieve the customers data. That said, could you provide your SOAP request and response logs for this issue? Please use the Reply privately to author option when replying.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team