Get reference data programmatically

kondiment test

Sep 14, 2016, 9:05:08 AM9/14/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi everybody!

Is it possible to get the reference data programmatically? For example, I would like to get all languages available for targeting through the API. I would like to get all such finite lists of options of a certain type.

Thank you!

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 14, 2016, 12:02:04 PM9/14/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm afraid it's not possible to retrieve the reference data using any of the AdWords API services. The Criteria codes for different Criteria types are available for download in CSV format. You could probably download a local copy and update it regularly.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

kondiment test

Sep 15, 2016, 3:07:25 AM9/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Shwetha,

Thank you for your answer. Then, is it safe to assume that the links to the CSVs  will not change? Links like https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/affinity_categories.csv or https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/languagecodes.csv ?

Thank you!

kondiment test

Sep 15, 2016, 7:26:59 AM9/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Oh, I've found it! I saw it at some point but then I forgot about it..

It's the ConstantDataService that provides all those finite lists of constant data: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201607/ConstantDataService.