Migrating production Ads to ExpandedTextAds

priya bahuguna

Sep 16, 2016, 11:09:22 AM9/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello API Team,

We are in the process of migrating existing ads to expanded text format. So I'm trying to implement a logic that reads all existing ads from an account/cmpgn/adgroup and then create expanded ads version of them.
I'm considering using AdGroupAdService instead of BatchJobService just because its easier for me to implement considering my existing project codebase.
Could anyone help me foresee any performance issues I may face using  AdGroupAdService while trying to migrate thousands of ads per account. I have to migrate ads for 13 such accounts.

Regards,
Priya

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 16, 2016, 12:13:57 PM9/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Priya,

If you plan to migrate existing ads to Expanded Text Ads using AdGroupService, you might be limited by the operational limits associated with your developer token. You might also encounter RateExceededError if you make a large number of requests per second on a single AdWords account. BatchJobService is a better option to process large numbers of operations. If using BatchJobService is not an option, you can consider some strategies listed here to mitigate RateExceededErrors.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.