Other search terms in search query report

Tirtha Ghosh Dastidar

Apr 5, 2018, 6:50:03 PM4/5/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi team,

We are downloading the search query report and noticed discrepancy with the adwords UI. Seems like metrics linked to "Other search terms" in the UI  DO NOT come in the api downloads.
Can you please explain the behavior.

Thanks
Tirtha

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Apr 5, 2018, 11:43:29 PM4/5/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tirtha,

This is the equivalent UI view of the Search Query Performance Report. If you are currently checking on this UI view and still you can observe discrepancies between this and the API report, then can you provide to me your clientCustomerId, report definition and your UI screenshot that shows the discrepancies so I can further investigate? Kindly use the Reply privately to author option when replying.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team

Tirtha Ghosh Dastidar

Apr 10, 2018, 2:59:08 PM4/10/18
to AdWords API Forum
HI Vincent,

Did you get a chance to check my private message with the customer ID ?

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Apr 10, 2018, 11:35:47 PM4/10/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tirtha,

Yes, I got your private message and I have also replied to you privately. If you have not received my reply, pasting it again below:
Thanks for providing the screenshot. If you will click the "Other search terms" question mark button in the AdWords UI, these are search terms that you didn't get any clicks within the last 30 days. You may also refer to this post from the AdWords Community Forum which discusses more in detail the "Other search terms".

If you will check the Search Query Performance Report, all attributes, segments and metrics do not support zero impressions (Supports Zero Impressions = False). Therefore, the "Other search terms" with no clicks is not supported in this report type in the AdWords API. I believe that AdWords UI will only show you the total "Other search terms" statistics, but will not show you the breakdown of the "Other search terms" themselves.
Let me know if you have further clarifications.

Tirtha Ghosh Dastidar

Apr 11, 2018, 1:04:41 PM4/11/18
to AdWords API Forum
Awesome ! Thanks for the calrification Vincent !