How do I stop an API making automatic changes to my campaigns?

ashle...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 5:16:36 AM3/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I have noticed that within the change history of my clients campaign, there are consistent CPC increases daily. The email address making these changes is - ds3api...@gmail.com

After contacting AdWords support, because its an API issue, the guy on the phone couldn't help me. However he did say that someone has previously added code in order for these changes to occur. Whoever has added this has since left so there is no way of finding out exactly how they were added. Is there anyway of removing this?

Many thanks!

Ashley
Message has been deleted

Zweitze

Mar 6, 2018, 5:51:56 AM3/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
You could deny access for that particular user.
Or change access to Read-Only.

If you don't want to do that, because that same email address is used by an actual user and/or other software, but you do happen to know it's password and it's Two Factor Authentication:
  1. Go to https://accounts.google.com, log in as that particular user.
  2. Go to Sign-in and Security > Apps with account access > Managed Apps > Third-party apps
  3. Find and click the harmful app, then click Remove Access.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 6, 2018, 3:27:50 PM3/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ashley,

As Zweitze mentioned, you could revoke that user's access in the specific account. If you need the user to have access and if he/she is not making these changes intentionally or some application which the he/she had authenticated previously is making theses changes, the user could go to this link and revoke access to any suspicious application. Revoking access to the application will invalidate all the refresh tokens issued to that application and you will need to reauthorize in order to make any new API calls.

Could you share the client customer Id and the date on which these changes occured? I can check if these were being made using the API. You could reply privately to author while sharing the details.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Dorian Kind

Mar 7, 2018, 6:04:26 AM3/7/18
to AdWords API Forum
Just as a FYI, that account is associated with the DoubleClick suite. The mentioned Adwords account is most likely being managed in DoubleClick Search. It's hard to fathom why they wouldn't use a more telling email address, but there you go.

Best regards,
Dorian