AdError.INVALID_TEMPLATE_ID when creating TemplateAd's 445

sebastia...@despegar.com

Sep 28, 2015, 3:36:31 PM9/28/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,
We've recently been using the TemplateAd's API to create image and text mobile-app-engagement ads.

We've already had some issues, one of which has been answered (link here; the feature of setting the mediaId for image ad's is not working)
and another one hasn't (link here, the AdWords web interface crashes when trying to view the created ads).

We are now facing a third problem, since last week. Whenever we try to create text app-engagement ads with the TemplateAd's API we
get the error: AdError.INVALID_TEMPLATE_ID.

We are creating the ad with templateId 445 (this is the id indicated in the reference page: linke here).

The program we are using has been previously used before without any problem, and it follows the same steps presented in this link (see
section "Create ads") to create this kind of ads.

We've tried both with adwords-axis 201502 and 201506 and it both cases we get the same error.

Any ideas?

Anthony Madrigal

Sep 28, 2015, 4:51:44 PM9/28/15
to AdWords API Forum
HI Sebastian,

I am not able to determine what may be causing this issue. In order for me to further investigate, could you please Reply privately to author your SOAP XML request and response as well as the Ad ID of the Template Ad you are trying to add?

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Sep 30, 2015, 3:20:25 AM9/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sebastian,

It seems app ID and app Store have been set to be required fields just a few days ago but the documentation hasn't been updated yet.
Could you please try setting the two fields and see if the error still persists?

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

sebastia...@despegar.com

Sep 30, 2015, 10:11:04 AM9/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
I tried that to no avail.
Even after setting those new fields I get the same error: AdError.INVALID_TEMPLATE_ID.

sebastia...@despegar.com

Sep 30, 2015, 10:11:43 AM9/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
BTW, Anthony, have you seen the private reponse I sent you?

sebastia...@despegar.com

Oct 6, 2015, 1:52:50 PM10/6/15
to AdWords API Forum
Anthony, Thanet, do you have any news on this issue?

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Oct 7, 2015, 5:31:24 AM10/7/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for making you wait for a while.
I've been confirmed that the fix may need some time to be reflected in the system (likely to be in the next week).
But you can try the latest version of our API (v201509).
That should work right away as far as I know.

If you can't get through even if you use v201509, please let me know again.
Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

sebastia...@despegar.com

Oct 7, 2015, 1:01:59 PM10/7/15
to AdWords API Forum
The version v201509 is not avaiable yet, but I'll keep an eye on
it to confirm our program can create text ads with that version.
However, I don't think we'll migrate to the new version so soon,
so it would be best if you came up with a fix for v201502/06...
I'll get back to this post later,
Thanks a lot for your help again Thanet,
seb.

sebastia...@despegar.com

Oct 13, 2015, 7:43:33 AM10/13/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello again,
Today I ran our program to create text ads and it suddenly
started working. The only problem left is that we still have
an inconsistency between the Call-to-action field and the
Call-to-action text actually rendered in the image.
We'll keep an eye on this old Call-to-action problem and if
it isn't fixed in the next days we'll create a new question
for this issue.
Thanks Thanet for your time,
seb.

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Oct 13, 2015, 11:39:37 AM10/13/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for letting us know.