'Limited by Budget' Alert

Patrick McGuigan

Mar 2, 2018, 4:33:50 AM3/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
Question here from Bidalgo, one of our SaaS partners who has integrated with UAC via API. They are building alerts for all UAC best practices into their dashboard that clients use to build/manage campaigns. The idea is that by pushing best practice adoption, performance will improve and adoption of Google on their SaaS product will increase.

One of the hurdles we've come across is including the "limited by budget" feature in their dash, it does not appear to be available via API.
Are there any resources or info on what triggers the "limited by budget" alert/status in Adwords? Is any material externally shareable?  If not external, it would be great if there's any way to provide an explanation so Bidalgo could come up with their own version that would coincide with when it appears in Adwords.

Thank you

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Mar 2, 2018, 2:09:21 PM3/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Patrick,

You are correct. The "limited by budget" status of campaigns is not available via the API. Please request your client to refer this guide to get clarity on what causes a campaign to change its status to "limited by budget". Please let me know if they have any further questions regarding API. Also, you may want to post this question in the AdWords Scripts Forum to check if it can be done via scripts.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team