Creating a feed for dynamic display ads with the google-ads api in java

Simon Knoll

May 17, 2019, 4:18:33 PM5/17/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
How can I create a feed for dynamic display ads with the java SDK, the only tutorials I found are for the Adwords API/SDK

Thanks
Simon

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 20, 2019, 3:53:07 AM5/20/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

My apologies as we currently do not have a specific example for what you are looking for. However, creating one using the Google Ads API should mirror the standard on how you create it via the AdWords API. You will need to use the AdGroupAdService.MutateAdGroupAds and create an AdGroupAd of ad type ResponsiveDisplayAdInfo and you can refer to the said link for the necessary/required fields. I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/76800d19-972c-49ed-8040-a5a0c00b2da1%40googlegroups.com.

Simon Knoll

May 20, 2019, 6:51:10 AM5/20/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your response! I was able to create a Feed, my open question now is, how can i set the type for the feed, so that it I can use it (and it is recognized) for ResponsiveDisplayADs

Best,
Simon

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 21, 2019, 1:06:07 AM5/21/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

My apologies for missing this in my previous response. As for the feed for your display ads, there is currently no way to associate the feeds directly to your ads. They can be mapped to a customer, campaign, or an ad group, and the ads belonging to the said entities would have the said feeds serving with them.

That said, could you confirm which service you used to create your feed?

Thanks and regards,
Peter
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UAq7sH:ref