Get Campaign Change History

Jofin Kuriakose

Jun 12, 2018, 4:26:14 AM6/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I am looking for an API to get campaign (ad-group as well as ads) change history data, like if I update budget of a campaign, API should respond with old and updated budget.

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Jun 12, 2018, 4:57:05 AM6/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Jofin,

In the AdWords API, the service which returns change that were made to your entities is the CustomerSyncService. However, the information returned here is limited. For campaign level changes, the supported information can be retrieved through the CampaignChangeData object.

This being said, the budget information, including the old and new values is currently not available through this service.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Jofin Kuriakose

Jun 12, 2018, 5:43:25 AM6/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply. In CustomerSyncService we are getting list of campaigns, not what exactly got changed. To get values got changed,
1. I have to get campaign data using campaign id which I got it from  CustomerSyncService response
2. then make customerService get method to get campaign data
3. compare this data with existing campaign data which I have, upon comparison I will get to know what all data got changed

Is there any better method to achieve this?

Thanks,

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Jun 13, 2018, 1:32:42 AM6/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Jofin,

The method of comparing changes based on the CustomerSyncService against the current campaign data (CampaignService or possibly through the Campaign Performance Report) that you mentioned is already correct. I'm afraid that there is currently no simpler workaround to implement comparison between the current information and the changes made.

Jofin Kuriakose

Jun 13, 2018, 2:02:49 AM6/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Peter,