Update CrmBasedUserList Name and Description

Zied Chaari

Nov 22, 2018, 8:01:20 PM11/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I'm trying to update my CRM based User List, name and description, using a Test Account, I'm getting this error "USER_LIST_MUTATE_NOT_SUPPORTED".

    <s:Header>
        <RequestHeader xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/rm/v201809">
            <clientCustomerId xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">xxxxxxxxx</clientCustomerId>
            <developerToken xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</developerToken>
            <userAgent xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">unknown (AwApi-DotNet/24.1.0, Common-Dotnet/9.4.0, .NET CLR/4.0.30319.42000, OAuthServiceAccountFlow, gzip)</userAgent>
        </RequestHeader>
    </s:Header>
            <operations>
                <operator xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">SET</operator>
                <operand>
                    <id>736365788</id>
                    <name>Audience Google 8 - Update</name>
                    <description>Audience Google 8 - Update</description>
                </operand>
            </operations>
        </mutate>
    </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Nov 22, 2018, 11:00:13 PM11/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Zied,

The USER_LIST_MUTATE_NOT_SUPPORTED error you've encountered indicates that the user list of the type is not mutable. Can you provide your clientCustomerId and include the SOAP response logs as well so I can further investigate the issue?

Thanks,
Luis
AdWords API Team

Zied Chaari

Nov 23, 2018, 4:20:48 AM11/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Luis,

My ClientCustomerId: 7482331905

My SOAP response:
<soap:Envelope
<soap:Header>
<ns2:ResponseHeader
<requestId>00057b43356507410a81300eae09f792</requestId>
<serviceName>AdwordsUserListService</serviceName>
<methodName>mutate</methodName>
<operations>1</operations>
<responseTime>172</responseTime>
</ns2:ResponseHeader>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>[UserListError.USER_LIST_MUTATE_NOT_SUPPORTED @ operations[0].operand]</faultstring>
<detail>
<ns2:ApiExceptionFault
<message>[UserListError.USER_LIST_MUTATE_NOT_SUPPORTED @ operations[0].operand]</message>
<ApplicationException.Type>ApiException</ApplicationException.Type>
<errors
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="ns2:UserListError">
<fieldPath>operations[0].operand</fieldPath>
<fieldPathElements>
<field>operations</field>
<index>0</index>
</fieldPathElements>
<fieldPathElements>
<field>operand</field>
</fieldPathElements>
<trigger></trigger>
<errorString>UserListError.USER_LIST_MUTATE_NOT_SUPPORTED</errorString>
<ApiError.Type>UserListError</ApiError.Type>
<ns2:reason>USER_LIST_MUTATE_NOT_SUPPORTED</ns2:reason>
</errors>
</ns2:ApiExceptionFault>
</detail>
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Nov 26, 2018, 1:45:18 AM11/26/18
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zied,

Could you retry the request after specifying the type of UserList in your operand using "xsi:type" as shown below?

<operand xmlns:ns8="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/rm/v201809xsi:type="ns8:CrmBasedUserList">
    <ns8:id>736365788</ns8:id>
    <ns8:name>Audience Google 8 - Update</ns8:name>
    <ns8:description>Audience Google 8 - Update</ns8:description>
</operand>

If you're still encountering any error after doing this, please provide the new SOAP request and response logs so I can further investigate.

Thanks,
Luis
AdWords API Team

Zied Chaari

Nov 26, 2018, 11:23:28 AM11/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Luis,

Always the same problem.

This is my code: (.Net)
UserList userList = new UserList()
{
    id = long.Parse(SAudience.Social_ID),
    listType = UserListType.CRM_BASED
};

UserListOperation operation = new UserListOperation
{
    operand = userList,
    @operator = Operator.SET
};

UserListReturnValue result = userListService.mutate(new UserListOperation[]
{
    operation
});

Request (I'm using a Test Account):
            <clientCustomerId xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">7482331905</clientCustomerId>
            <developerToken xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">xxxxxxxxxxxxx</developerToken>
            <userAgent xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">unknown (AwApi-DotNet/24.1.0, Common-Dotnet/9.4.0, .NET CLR/4.0.30319.42000, OAuthServiceAccountFlow, gzip)</userAgent>
        </RequestHeader>
    </s:Header>
            <operations>
                <operator xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201809">SET</operator>
                <operand>
                    <id>736365788</id>
                    <name>Audience Google 8 - Update</name>
                    <listType>CRM_BASED</listType>
                </operand>
            </operations>
        </mutate>
    </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Response:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <soap:Header>
            <requestId>00057b93aa6536510a812f942709cc4f</requestId>
            <serviceName>AdwordsUserListService</serviceName>
            <methodName>mutate</methodName>
            <operations>1</operations>
            <responseTime>190</responseTime>

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Nov 27, 2018, 5:18:22 AM11/27/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Zied,

I'm confirming this with Engineering.
With recent changes in user list policy, it might affect the user list in the test accounts too.
I'll update this thread once I have more info.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

Zied Chaari

Nov 27, 2018, 9:10:15 AM11/27/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thank you Thanet, I'm waiting your update.

Zied Chaari

Dec 4, 2018, 9:28:33 AM12/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Thanet,

Any update about this issue.

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Dec 4, 2018, 11:54:36 AM12/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Zied,

Were you able to receive Luis' reply in private? I'm asking this as upon checking with the team, the SOAP request you've provided previously is not completely correct. If you weren't able to receive Luis' private reply, here's our findings: Based on this line "<listType>CRM_BASED</listType>", this doesn't make the userlist work as CrmBasedUserList. Also on this line "UserList userList = new UserList()", I noticed that your userlist is a generic one. If you aren't using one of our client libraries, I suggest you to do so and refer on this code block in the AddCrmBasedUserList file of the .NET client library.

If you're still encountering errors, please provide to me the latest complete SOAP request and response logs so we can further investigate.

Thanks,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Zied Chaari