How to Download the report in csv format and not response in console using AWQL queries

ritesh1...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2018, 12:07:38 PM2/4/18
to AdWords API Forum
Currently, i am using AWQL query to get the report in csv format, I have millions of records, due to which the program is getting hanged as i am getting the response in the console

How can i download the report in csv format physically in my drive and then use it for upload?

Regards
Ritesh

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Feb 5, 2018, 1:35:44 AM2/5/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ritesh,

Can you confirm if you are using the response.getAsString() method in generating your report data as you mentioned that you are getting the response in your console? Or, are you currently downloading your report data in CSV format but was not completed due to the request getting hanged? I asked these as our Java reporting examples (available to other languages that we support) already shows a report generation in a CSV file. If you are already using our reporting examples and still it hanged in your end, then can you provide your clientCustomerId as well as your report definition via Reply privately to author option?

Also, since you mentioned that you have millions of records, you can also consider adding predicates or shortening the date range of your report requests to minimize the size of your generated file. This will also minimize the timeout issues if you are currently experiencing this.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team