Exception while calling OfflineConversionFeedService

Shafeena Kabir

Sep 21, 2017, 11:07:40 AM9/21/17
to AdWords API Forum

Hi,
I am getting the below exception while trying to make OfflineConversionFeedService API call. Any help to resolve the below error is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Failed to upload conversion trackers. Exception details : System.ArgumentOutOfRa

ngeException: The value of this argument must fall within the range 0 to 0.

Parameter name: headerIndex

Actual value was 0.

Server stack trace:

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.MessageHeaders.GetReaderAtHeader(Int32 header

   at Google.Api.Ads.AdWords.Lib.AdWordsSoapHeaderInspector.AfterReceiveReply(Me

ssage& reply, Object correlationState)

   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableClientRuntime.AfterReceiveReply(Pr

oxyRpc& rpc)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRunt

ime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean on

eway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan tim

eout)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCall

Message methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage req

Msg, IMessage retMsg)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgDa

ta, Int32 type)

   at Google.Api.Ads.AdWords.v201708.OfflineConversionFeedServiceInterface.mutat

e(mutateRequest request)

   at Google.Api.Ads.AdWords.v201708.OfflineConversionFeedService.Google.Api.Ads

.AdWords.v201708.OfflineConversionFeedServiceInterface.mutate(mutateRequest requ

est)

   at Google.Api.Ads.AdWords.v201708.OfflineConversionFeedService.mutate(Offline

ConversionFeedOperation[] operations)

   at MonsterGoogleSyncApp.MonsterGoogleSyncProcessor.UploadConversionTracker(Ad

WordsUser user, String conversionName, String gClid, String conversionTime, Doub

le conversionValue) in ***:line 323

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 21, 2017, 1:44:42 PM9/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Shafeena,

Could you please enable logging and share the complete SOAP logs for the API request along with your clientCustomerId? You could reply privately to the author while sharing the details.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Nathan Rose

Sep 22, 2017, 2:24:05 AM9/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
FYI, I have been getting this same error trying to get the import working.  I'll try to give you more information about the sap requests soon.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 22, 2017, 10:53:24 AM9/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Nathan,

Could you confirm if you are using .NET library? I should be able to comment once I am able to take a look at the SOAP logs.

Nathan Rose

Sep 22, 2017, 7:31:33 PM9/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Yes, I am using the .Net library (v201708)  And it appears the error happens before the soap request is sent (I'm guessing it is in the client libraries formation of the request).  I will respond privately with the contents of the summary log from this request.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 25, 2017, 10:57:49 AM9/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for sharing the details. Since the error is occurring before hitting the AdWords API, it might be something to do with the .NET client library. Could you please create an issue in the library's tracker? Owner of the client library is better equipped to address this issue.

Nathan Rose

Sep 26, 2017, 7:10:12 PM9/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
Ok, thanks, I've created an issue in the .net adwords client library forum: https://github.com/googleads/googleads-dotnet-lib/issues/117

Shafeena Kabir

Sep 28, 2017, 2:41:09 AM9/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
Later I used Fiddler to check the Adwords API response and found the below error when code was throwing this exception : INVALID_STRING_DATE_TIME . This got to work after I corrected the                 feed.conversionTime value to proper format (Eg: DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyyMMdd HHmmss") + " Asia/Singapore")