Getting the Change History via the API

Oliver

Jun 18, 2012, 12:06:50 PM6/18/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I believe the only way to get some data about the 'Change History' is by using the CustomerSyncService object.

Looking at this object I have 2 questions:

1) There doesn't seem to be a timestamp given for when the change took place.  This is unlike the adwords interface that tells you when and how performed the change.  Correct?

2) It doesn't tell you the nature of the change e.g. if the 'Target CPA' of an adgroup changed, all the API can tell me is that there was a change to the adgroup (but it can't tell me what the change is).  Again, this is different from the interface. Correct?

Many thanks.

Oliver

Oliver

Jun 25, 2012, 6:26:51 AM6/25/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Any help on this please?

Oliver

Anash P. Oommen

Jun 26, 2012, 6:12:11 AM6/26/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver,

CustomerSyncService doesn't give you the kind of change details you are looking for, it is mostly useful for figuring out what objects changed during a time period and then sync local databases with AdWords API server by downloading only the modified objects.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Akil Burgess

Jun 26, 2012, 11:48:46 AM6/26/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anash,

Is there any other service that does give the change details? If not, are there plans to support this in the future?

Thanks,
Akil Burgess

amy

Jun 26, 2012, 11:55:15 AM6/26/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I really wish there was something.  They are able to create this calendar with all it's features, something like being able to see who is modifying the calendar doesn't seem too difficult to be able to do!  This request has been made several times in the future...I wish they would add it to the calendar.  Is there a different free online calendar that anyone has found that has this feature?

Amy

Danilo Bargen

Aug 29, 2014, 8:57:00 AM8/29/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

The issue below is now over 2 years old. Is there a way now to query the change history? I need to be able to retrieve the list of people that edited an account during the last month.

Danilo

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Aug 29, 2014, 9:47:03 AM8/29/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danilo,

The API does not provide user information about changes at this time. Anash's previous post regarding CustomerSyncService covers the only change history-related features of the API.

Best regards,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Danilo Bargen

Aug 29, 2014, 10:44:25 AM8/29/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On Friday, August 29, 2014 3:47:03 PM UTC+2, Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team) wrote:
The API does not provide user information about changes at this time. Anash's previous post regarding CustomerSyncService covers the only change history-related features of the API.

That's what I feared, thanks for the information. Too bad that Google don't eat their own dogfood regarding the APIs (hello there Amazon)...

Is there a way to make this a feature request?

Cheers
Danilo

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Aug 29, 2014, 11:16:45 AM8/29/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danilo,

I believe this was already filed as a feature request, but I went ahead and filed another request on your behalf just now. I'll reply to this thread when I have an update.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

D2CMedia Videos

Dec 11, 2014, 4:01:35 PM12/11/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Has there been any update about this post as I am unable to get any changes for all our customers

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Dec 12, 2014, 9:21:48 AM12/12/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There has been no change in the change history functionality in the API, but when and if changes are made they will be part of a future release and announced in the release notes.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Stephen

Oct 28, 2015, 6:30:30 AM10/28/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hey all,

Wanted to check if there's been any movement on this. Change History via the API would be a massive benefit to many advertisers, is this on your roadmap?

Thanks,
Stephen

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Oct 29, 2015, 8:39:04 AM10/29/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Stephen,

We're aware that there's plenty of interest in adding change history information to the API, but I don't have anything to announce at this time.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

VJ

Feb 11, 2016, 5:31:47 AM2/11/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Team,

Is there any update on this ?

Thanks.

Anthony Madrigal

Feb 11, 2016, 9:33:57 AM2/11/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

There is still currently no equivalent to the Change History. The CustomerSyncService is still the closest thing you can use.

Please check our blog regarding any updates

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Pippo

Oct 27, 2016, 3:34:31 AM10/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
I'd like to have the change history API feature too, It would be definitely a really useful feature!

I've been trying to replicate the change history page through the CustomerSyncService response, but it doesn't look possible to me... Is it? In that case, can you provide a demo script?

Anthony Madrigal

Oct 27, 2016, 9:21:21 AM10/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Since this is an old post, could you please create a new post with your issue so that we can better track it?

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Narendra Kommoju

Mar 14, 2018, 7:51:53 AM3/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Is this problem gets resolved or still there? If still there, any new post for this issue?

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 14, 2018, 2:38:23 PM3/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Narendra,

The CustomerSyncService is still the closest service to the change history in the AdWords UI. You will be able to get the last modified time using the lastChangeTimestamp attribute. The service also says at a high level what type of change was made. You can check the GetAccountChanges sample in Java to understand the behavior of this service. Samples in other languages can also be found here. If you have any new questions about the API, please feel free to create a new thread and post your questions there.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Afzal Sayed

Jul 23, 2019, 6:48:13 AM7/23/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, Is there a way to retrieve changes in other entities such as Audience (UserList) or Budget via API?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 23, 2019, 11:04:24 PM7/23/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Afzal,

Unfortunately, the CustomerSyncService only provides change data on the campaign, campaign criteria, ad group, and ad group criteria level. There are no other ways to retrieve UserList and Budget changes through the API. This is only available in the Google Ads UI.

Let me know if you have further clarifications.

Regards,
Dannison
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEG6TF:ref

Thanh Nguyen

Oct 22, 2019, 10:56:18 PM10/22/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
It been 6 years since this question was asked, and still for AdWords API, only AccountSyncService work-ish. What about Google Ads API v2(Beta), any hope at all?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 23, 2019, 1:01:39 PM10/23/19
to thanh....@knorex.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thanh,

Thank you for the continued interest. The Google Ads API change_status keeps track of the campaign, ad_group, ad_group_ad and criteria level changes. Please refer to this guide for more information. Please keep an eye on our blog for more updates on this feature.

Regards,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UKOBPd:ref

Ronald Findling

May 29, 2020, 6:56:48 AM5/29/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We would also really like have a way to get change information from the API which contain who did what (just as it's available in the UI).

The https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201809/CustomerSyncService only provides the Id of changed entities (for a subset of the entities for which it's available on the UI)

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 29, 2020, 2:49:17 PM5/29/20
to ronald....@smarter-ecommerce.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronald,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately CustomerSyncService doesn't provide the users who've made the change. I can request this feature to be added in future installments. In the meantime, please follow our blog for if and when this feature is added and for more updates.

Thank you,
Bryan, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zsq17:ref

Ronald Findling

Jun 3, 2020, 5:01:09 AM6/3/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Would be amazing if you can create a feature request for it!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 3, 2020, 1:01:26 PM6/3/20
to ronald....@smarter-ecommerce.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronald,

I've made the request for this to be added. In the meantime, please follow our blog for if and when this feature is added and for more updates. Let me know if you have further questions.