getting error in Adwords coonection

Ranjeet Kumar

Sep 22, 2016, 10:09:15 AM9/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
could you please tell me the steps to upgrade Adwords from v201601 to v201607 in Eclipse (Java) through maven

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Sep 22, 2016, 2:58:43 PM9/22/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ranjeet,

Please follow this guide to migrate to the latest version v201607. Since you are on version v201601, I would recommend checking for breaking changes in v201603 and v201605 as well. Also, please note that these guides contain the list of changes in the SOAP API, irrespective of the client library (Java, Python etc). As an example, in v201607, get() method of CustomerService was removed. That means, in your Java client library, if you try the following code, you would get a compile time error:

CustomerServiceInterface customerService = adWordsServices.get(session, CustomerServiceInterface.class);
Customer customer = customerService.get()[0];

The following piece of code is the correct way to fetch the customer:

CustomerServiceInterface customerService = adWordsServices.get(session, CustomerServiceInterface.class);
Customer customer = customerService.getCustomers()[0];

Hope this helps. Please feel free to revert in case you have more questions.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team