Structured Snippet Feed Item Setting Locale

Jay W

Mar 27, 2018, 5:07:43 AM3/27/18
to AdWords API Forum

Hello,

I am trying to create a StructuredSnippetFeedItem using the latest version of the api (201802) but it is setting the locale to nl (Dutch) when it needs to be en-gb. I will put a copy of my code below but i can only assume that it is to do with services being the same in dutch and english.

Is there a way to pass in english in the header or is there something else i'm missing.

I know the code below works because it creates the snippets in adwords, just the wrong locale.

$snippets = ['item 1', 'item 2', 'item 3'];

$snip = new StructuredSnippetFeedItem();
$snip->setHeader('Services');
$snip->setValues($snippets);

$customerExtensionSetting = new CampaignExtensionSetting();
$customerExtensionSetting->setCampaignId("google_campagin_id");
$customerExtensionSetting->setExtensionType(FeedType::STRUCTURED_SNIPPET);
$customerExtensionSetting->setExtensionSetting(new ExtensionSetting());
$customerExtensionSetting->getExtensionSetting()->setExtensions([$snip]);

$operation = new CampaignExtensionSettingOperation();
$operation->setOperator(Operator::ADD);
$operation->setOperand($customerExtensionSetting);
$operations = [$operation];

$result = $campaign_extension_setting_service->mutate($operations);

I have posted this on git as a issue under the php adwords api and i was told to post it here as it's related to the translation of the values on AdWords API server side?

James

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Mar 27, 2018, 3:50:00 PM3/27/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi James,

Do you have the same issue when you add a Structured Snippet Feed Item via the UI? If not, then could you please reply back with your client customer id and SOAP request and response? Please reply privately to author when doing so. If yes, then I would suggest you to please post your question in the Advertiser Community Forum as the product experts there will be better equipped to answer your question.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team

wtemm...@cyberpublicity.com

Apr 9, 2018, 4:43:07 PM4/9/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi everyone,

I have got the same issue. The difference between the UI and the API is :
- In the UI you have a select choice field for the language.
- With the API we can send only the string header already translate and the values.

And of course the string header translate can match several languages.

For example, 'services' header, we have : nl, en-AU, en-GB and fr.
Another example, 'brands' header, we have : da, en-AU, en-GB

In my case, with 'brands' send by API, in the UI the default language selected is Danish (da).

I though, the UI, check the string header value, the first language is set when it match. This is why James has nl as local language for 'services' header.

I don't know why the UI has a select choice with language, and the API doesn't ask for this information...

Regards,

Wilfried

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Apr 19, 2018, 3:43:07 PM4/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi all,

We are aware of the issue and this is currently being worked upon. I will update on this thread when it is fixed. As a workaround, you may use the UI to add a Structured Snippet or update the locale. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA. Please let me know if you have further questions.

wtemm...@cyberpublicity.com

Apr 26, 2018, 8:24:06 AM4/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dhanya,

Thank you for your response.
Can you tell me what is the impact of having danish for example, instead English, on the Ads, about the display system.
Is there any importance in the choice of language in the term geolocation.

Regards
Wilfried

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Apr 26, 2018, 2:28:14 PM4/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Wilfried,

When you choose your language as Danish, and header as say for example, 'Tjenester': which means 'Services' in Danish, the header will show up as 'Tjenester' front of the values (snippets) you enter. To understand the effect of geolocation on the value of header, I would suggest you post your question on the Advertiser Community Forum as it is a product level question. Please let me know if you have any further questions on API.

Jay W

May 16, 2018, 4:31:13 AM5/16/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I was wondering do you have an update yet on when the will be fixed?

James

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

May 16, 2018, 11:41:58 AM5/16/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi James,

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA. I will update on this thread when it is fixed.

Jay W

Jun 20, 2018, 1:33:11 PM6/20/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, do you have any updates yet on when this will be finished?

James

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Jun 20, 2018, 4:35:36 PM6/20/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi James,

Unfortunately, I do not have any updates at this point. I will post on this thread when this issue is fixed. Please let me know if you are facing any issues with the workaround to update the locale or add a Structured Snippet via the UI.

wtemm...@cyberpublicity.com

Jun 22, 2018, 1:28:52 PM6/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dhanya,

There is no problem with the UI. The issue is linked to the API :) I guess we need the possibility to send the language selected with the header string with the API to fix the problem.

Regards,

Wilfried
Message has been deleted

Jay W

Jul 23, 2018, 6:11:50 PM7/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, is there any update on this yet?

James

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Jul 23, 2018, 11:33:07 PM7/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

We currently have no word yet as to whether the issue has been fixed. Rest assured we'll update this thread as soon as a resolution had been applied.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Sean Hayes

Dec 12, 2018, 6:04:37 AM12/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello! ANy update on this yet?

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Dec 12, 2018, 11:26:43 AM12/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sean,

As of this writing, we still have no information regarding the fix. Will update this thread once we receive confirmation that the issue has been resolved.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team