Expanded Text Ad v201607 : AdPerformance report not populating displayUrl field

alok

Sep 16, 2016, 9:49:45 AM9/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Guys,

we have implemented Expanded TextAd feature (using api v201607), but adPerformance report is not returning/populating displayUrl field.Rest of the fields like header1,header2,description,finalUrl is returned as expected.I know displayUrl is part of ad Type but I would expect displayUrl value as well since it does return finalUrl value which is also part of Ad Type

How can I get displayUrl field value to be returned in adPerformance report.

Request:
=========
INFO  c.g.a.a.a.lib.utils.report_download - Request made: POST https://adwords.google.com//api/adwords/reportdownload/v201607

INFO  c.g.a.a.a.lib.utils.report_download - accept-encoding: [gzip]
authorization: XXXX
user-agent: [XXX (AwApi-Java, Common-Java/2.17.0, Java/1.6.0_37, maven, ReportDownloader)]
developertoken: XXX
clientcustomerid: XXXX
includezeroimpressions: true

Parameters:
__fmt: GZIPPED_XML
__rdquery: SELECT CampaignId,AdGroupId,HeadlinePart1,HeadlinePart2,Description,DisplayUrl,Id,AdType,Status,CreativeFinalUrls FROM AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT DURING LAST_30_DAYS

INFO  c.g.a.a.a.lib.utils.report_download - Response received with status code 200 and message: OK

<row campaignID='656129274' adGroupID='33618971472' headline1='{KeyWord:The Smart Cabin Rental}' headline2='{KeyWo
rd:The Smart Cabin Rental}' description='Find Out Why Our Guests Love Us! The Rental Cabin To Suit You.' displayURL='' adID='138824881877' adType='Expanded text ad' adState='enabled' finalURL='[&quot;http://www.merchantsite.com&quot;]'/>

Thanks,
Alok

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 16, 2016, 12:08:01 PM9/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Alok,

Expanded text ads do not use displayUrl fields. You should use FinalUrls, Path1 and Path2 fields in the report query to retrieve the URL details of your Expanded text ads in Ad Performance Report.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.