KPI estimates for display campaign

Térence Delsate

Jul 10, 2018, 6:58:04 AM7/10/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi all !

I'm trying to figure out how to extract the KPI estimates for adgroups from a display campaign from the API.

So far, I'm using the KeywordTrafficEstimateService with a display campaign and display adgroup, with given keywords. But it seems to me that the estimates I recover are different from those in the AdWords User Interface. Am I doing the right thing or is there another API access point ?

Many thanks for your help

Térence

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Jul 10, 2018, 2:34:12 PM7/10/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Terence,

The TrafficEstimatorService of the AdWords API retrieves the traffic estimates for proposed or existing campaigns, ad groups, and keywords. Please check this guide for more information. You can also refer to this section of the guide on how Traffic Estimator Service is mapped to the Keyword Planner tool. If you're still noticing the discrepancy, could you share us the UI screenshot along with the API request and response logs, so I can take a look? You can share details privately via Reply privately to author option.

Thanks,
Bharani, AdWords API Team.

Térence Delsate

Jul 11, 2018, 5:40:03 PM7/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bharani,
thank you for your quick reply.

What I am trying to recover is actually the estimates provided in the right side of the campaign / adgroup creation window of the UI. I am using the TrafficEstimator, but I am unsure that this is the correct way to do so.
Indeed, the estimate in the UI don't require a keyword, but only a budget. Is it another service than the TrafficEstimator that I should use ?

I join a print screen of the area contining the data mentionned above.

Many thanks !
Térence

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Jul 12, 2018, 10:57:53 AM7/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

The Targeting Reach and Remarketing reach setting in the UI corresponds to the estimate for the specific Targeting settings for Display Network Ad campaigns. You could consider using the Display Planner to generate ideas for display campaigns. Please note that it is currently not possible to pull this data through the API. Currently we do not have an ETA of when or if this feature will be available. I have shared your interest with the team. Please keep an eye out on our blog for more updates.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team