Cannot add beta API to Google Developer Console project

Zweitze

Jun 28, 2018, 10:04:18 AM6/28/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi all,

Finally I've got a chance to look at the Ads API beta. However, I cannot activate this API in Google Developer Console?!

When I run the .NET test program, I get an error message like this:
Message: Status(StatusCode=PermissionDenied, Detail="Google Ads API has not been used in project 466194048264 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/googleads.googleapis.com/overview?project=466...264 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.")
Failure:
Request ID:

When I go to that link I see the text:
The API "googleads.googleapis.com" doesn't exist or you don't have permission to access it

Tracking Number: 1416600505784978195

I think this is weird: when I applied for the beta I had to pass the MCC id of the developer token, not a project in Google Developer Console.

How do I solve this?
(Access to the beta was granted on May 21, to a slightly different email address then I am posting here)

Teja Makani

Jun 28, 2018, 12:46:12 PM6/28/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Zweitze,

Could you try to enable the Google Ads API using the incognito mode of Google Chrome and use the credentials that the project was created with while logging into developer's console? If the issue persists, could you please provide your MCC ID and the email address you are using while enabling the Google Ads API in developer's console to investigate further? You could reply privately to the author while sharing the details.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

Zweitze

Jul 3, 2018, 7:27:25 AM7/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
It turned out that you cannot use Firefox to enable Google Ads API. When you select Ads API from the search results you get an error in Firefox, but in Chrome this works.
Can I submit this bug report like this?

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Jul 3, 2018, 9:06:42 PM7/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Zweitze,

That's strange indeed. I suspect this is an issue with the Google Developer Console. There should be an option to enter feedback in the UI, which can be used to report a bug too. If that doesn't work, reply to me privately with the screenshot + Browser version details and I'll file it on your behalf.

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Jul 18, 2018, 2:37:01 PM7/18/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Zweitze,

Could you please retry if you still face issues enabling Google Ads API via Firefox browser as we were experiencing a glitch on the other day? If it is still not working, could you please reply back with the version of Firefox so that we can check further?

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Jul 19, 2018, 3:41:18 AM7/19/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Dhanya,

I worked around with Chrome. However, the problem still exists with Firefox - I just reproduced it using 61.0.1 (64-bit) on Win10Pro.

Note that when using Firefox, certain APIs are rejected, others not. Examples:
- YouTube Analytics API, Google Analytics Reporting API, YouTube reporting API are allowed with Firefox.
- Google Ads API, and also AdSense Management API give an error on Firefox.

With "allowed" I mean you get to a page telling about the API, the service name, and a button Enable (and sometimes also a button "Try this API").
With "give an error" I mean you do not get that page, instead you get a message "API solution not found with service name: googleads.googleapis.com" - or whatever API you were looking for.

As Anash suggested I submitted feedback on Developer Console (image with exclamation mark). I did not get any reply.

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Jul 23, 2018, 8:14:06 AM7/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Zweitze,

Thank you for the details. As we are unable to replicate this error, could you please provide step-by-step details on how you are reproducing this? If possible a screencast would be ideal as It would be helpful to know how you are navigating. Also, could you try using Firefox in Safe Mode and see if you still get the error as custom browser extensions can cause issues?

Regarding your feedback, we reached out to the team internally and they are currently looking into the issue.

Zweitze

Jul 23, 2018, 8:54:53 AM7/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Dhanya,

Trying to disable addons is the right hint to go. Extension "uBlock Origin" turns out to be the cultprit. Disabling that extension allows me to add Google Ads API.
Note: I had no problem enabling APIs DoubleClick BidManager, DoubleClick Campaign Manager and DoubleClick Search with that extension.

My flow in three images:
1. Go to the dashboard of APIs & Services:

Click on "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES" (highlighted in screenshot above):

In the search box type "Google Ads":

Click on the first result, "Google Ads API":
Looking at the logs of uBlock Origin reveals some requests were blocked, because the parts of the domain name were blacklisted. Again, note that the DoubleClick APIs seem to avoid that.

I hope this helps!

Teja Makani

Jul 23, 2018, 11:44:18 AM7/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Zweitze,

I am Dhanya's colleague and following up on this thread as she is OOO today. Thanks for sharing the screenshots and error details. I will pass on the details to our team.

Yanir Calisar

Mar 4, 2019, 9:03:07 AM3/4/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I'm expiriencing the same issue.
Any update on that?

googleadsapi...@google.com

Mar 4, 2019, 4:00:23 PM3/4/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Yanir,

Are you facing issues while trying to enable API from browser? Have you tried with the incognito window and disabling any kind of extensions that might block the url or disabling proxy if using any? If your problem is different please elaborate and share the screenshots.

Regards,
Sai Teja, Google Ads API Team

    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

On 03/04/19 05:16:38 ycal...@gmail.com wrote:
I'm expiriencing the same issue.
Any update on that?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/de8b7798-88ea-409c-bf0a-f1f6520e8a59%40googlegroups.com.

Costantin

Apr 4, 2019, 4:53:25 AM4/4/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello everyone,

The issue in NOT browser related. It's related to your ad blocker. Pause your adblocker extension and you will be able to activate everything without problems!