Account creation and billing informaiton

sa

Mar 26, 2018, 5:10:27 AM3/26/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I want to create a AdWords account through using AdWords API but I am having trouble to find documents in setting that account's billing information such as credit cards and/or bank account (any payment method). I would like to know how this is set. I want to help the user to create a new account under my MCC account and use the newly created account to create a new campaign for the user.

Best Regards,
Robin

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 26, 2018, 2:30:23 PM3/26/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robin,

Please find my response below:
  1. In AdWords API, to create the non manager account via API, please refer this sample java code. Sample in other language can be found here. Could you please confirm you are looking for to upload billing information using AdWords API? If yes, I'm afraid this is currently not supported in the AdWords API. In AdWords UI, you could add billing information by following the steps in this guide
  2. To create new campaign, add client customer id of newly created account(non-test, non-MCC) in configuration file and make AddCampaigns API call. Please refer the sample java code here.

Milind, AdWords API Team.

robi...@hunt.social

Mar 27, 2018, 12:22:44 AM3/27/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Milind,

I am looking for a way to add billing information to a newly created client account. I intend to create a new client account then add a new campaign to that created account, so I would like to know if it is possible to also set that created account's billing information. If that is not possible via AdWords API, then I would like to know what will happen the campaign if billing information is not present? Will it's status be paused automatically?

Thanks

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 27, 2018, 11:57:07 AM3/27/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robin,

The billing information wont effect on creation of campaign. You could set the campaign status when creating. Please refer the code sample to set campaign status here. Let me know if you have further questions.

sa

Apr 9, 2018, 11:20:20 AM4/9/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Milind,

Continuing on the following topic, assuming the following situations:
  • An AdWordsSession with a client customer id to manager account named "A" is created.
  • A new client account named "B" is created via API using that AdWordsSession
  • The AdWordsSession changes the client customer id to account B's client customer id
  • A new campaign named "C" is created via API using the changed AdWordsSession
I have recently made a call to the AdWords help center and asked a question about creating a client account without billing and have campaigns running in it. The answer I got is that the campaign within that account will not run.

According to that answer, I have the following questions about the previously described situation:
  1. I would like to confirm that the client account creation method will result in client account "B" to be a under manager account "A".
  2. Will campaign "C" run as normal and accumulates the cost of the campaign everyday until it hits the daily budget?
    1. If the campaign actually runs, what will happen to the bill when it hits the monthly billing cycle or the billing threshold as it does not have billing information attached?
  3. Does this mean for any money used within client account "C" will be billed towards manager account "A"? And who will be billed if manager account "A" does not have a consolidated billing setup?
  4. Is the only way to set up billing in a client AdWords account via Google AdWords dashboard console?
    1. If so and assuming the answer I got from the help center is entirely correct, then can I conclude that it is not possible to create an AdWords client account via API that can actually run campaigns?
  5. If the answer provided by the AdWords help center applies, does the campaign's status change to  "Paused"? Or will it remain as "Enabled" but the ads in the campaign will just not show as it does not have any billing information?
Thanks,
sa

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Apr 9, 2018, 5:39:14 PM4/9/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Please check my inline response below:
  1. I would like to confirm that the client account creation method will result in client account "B" to be a under manager account "A".
  1. Yes
  1. Will campaign "C" run as normal and accumulates the cost of the campaign everyday until it hits the daily budget?
  1. Please note that you can create the campaign without setting the billing information in account. The status of campaign will set as by default 'Eligible'. If you want to create campaign via API you can change the status of campaign. To activate your account and start running your ads, you need to set your billing information
    1. If the campaign actually runs, what will happen to the bill when it hits the monthly billing cycle or the billing threshold as it does not have billing information attached?
  1. Does this mean for any money used within client account "C" will be billed towards manager account "A"? And who will be billed if manager account "A" does not have a consolidated billing setup?
  1. Even if Manager account is on consolidated billing, you will have to set the budget order for the client account for it to start serving Ads.
  1. Is the only way to set up billing in a client AdWords account via Google AdWords dashboard console?
  1. If the MCC is on consolidated billing, you can do a BudgetOrderService.mutate() via API and add budget orders to new client accounts (which did not have any billing setup since its creation) via API.
    1. If so and assuming the answer I got from the help center is entirely correct, then can I conclude that it is not possible to create an AdWords client account via API that can actually run campaigns?
    1. Please check the answer to the main question.
  1. If the answer provided by the AdWords help center applies, does the campaign's status change to  "Paused"? Or will it remain as "Enabled" but the ads in the campaign will just not show as it does not have any billing information?
  1. The campaign status will not change based on the billing setup. However, even "Eligible" campaigns will not serve if you have not set up the billing for that client account.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Apr 10, 2018, 12:25:38 PM4/10/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robin,

Please find my inline response below:

1. I just want to clarify one point that is not exactly answered; a little extension on question 4. An AdWords API created client account will not be able to serve ads unless:
  1. The AdWordsSession used to create the client account is using a client customer id of a manager account
  2. The manager account used in the AdWordsSession has consolidated billing set up
If any of these conditions are not met, the created client account will just be a AdWords account that cannot serve any ads until someone goes to the AdWords dashboard console to access the new created account to set up billing.
Yes.

2.Another question I would like to ask is what happens if the client customer id of the AdWordsSession is of a client account? Will the account still be created?
No, you need to set client customer id of manager account. Otherwise you will get ManagedCustomerServiceError.NOT_AUTHORIZED error.

3.If so, I would like to confirm that the answer to my question 4,1 - " If so and assuming the answer I got from the help center is entirely correct, then can I conclude that it is not possible to create an AdWords client account via API that can actually run campaigns? " is yes as the only suggested add billing information method in the guide is to use the AdWords UI; i.e. it is not possible to create an AdWords client account that can serve ads via API unless the manager account used to create this new client account (via API) has consolidation billing setup.
Yes. You can create client account by setting CID of manger account in AdWordsSession. You can set up billing via AdWords dashboard console, then your ads will serve the live data. Other option would be, after creating the client account via API, you can do a BudgetOrderService.mutate() via API and add budget orders to new client accounts (which did not have any billing setup since its creation) via API, If the MCC is on consolidated billing.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Apr 16, 2018, 3:24:29 PM4/16/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robin,

Please note that once your campaign status changed to removed it wont reflect in CampaignService.get(). You will get removed campaign only if you add filter to status filed as 'REMOVED'. Could you please share the complete SOAP request and response so that I can troubleshoot the issue? Also share the campaigns which you were facing the issue.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Apr 18, 2018, 1:26:11 PM4/18/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robin,

Please find my response below:

1. To get all request and response logs you could add DEBUG instead of INFO. Could you please update logger info in your log4j.properties and retry the activity and share the result. Also please share the campaign which you were facing an issue along with client customer id so that I can troubleshoot the issue. Please find example to update value in log4.properties file below:

log4j.category.com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.client.AdWordsServiceClient.soapXmlLogger=DEBUG, CONSOLE
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=DEBUG

Please refer java logging guide for more information.

2. Looks like length for description2 is more than 38 character in your request. Could you please validate the length of the line before making the request and retry the activity? The AdError.LINE_TOO_WIDE occurs when one of the lines in an ad was longer than the maximum allowed length. If you are still facing the same issue,could you please open another forum thread (as this error is not related to campaign remove) and share the complete SOAP request there?

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Apr 19, 2018, 1:45:22 PM4/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robin,

Thanks for sharing the log details. The campaigns #1352887132 and #1352848033 are coming in the response as their status are eligible and paused respectively in AdWords UI. Looks like the names are same as in UI console. Please find attachment. If you are looking to remove campaign please refer the sample java code here. Also, you could refer this guide to remove it from UI. Samples in other language can be found here. Let me know if you have further questions.
Campaigns_8118284850.png

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Apr 20, 2018, 2:55:01 PM4/20/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robin,

To remove express campaign, you may filter for AdvertsingChannelType not equal to EXPRESS. For more information please find the AdWords blog. Let me know if you have further questions.

Alina Vavilova

May 2, 2018, 4:31:55 PM5/2/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Milind,
am I correct in thinking that there is no possibility of billing one particular AdWords account with API? I mean, if we make a third-party service working on your API to give our clients an opportunity to create and change their own ad campaigns under our main account, will our clients have a chance to deposit money through our service straight to this AdWords account?

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

May 3, 2018, 2:50:01 PM5/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Alina,

As you suspected, it is not possible to deposit money using the AdWords API. If the Manager account is whitelisted for BudgetOrderService and set up for Consolidated billing, you could use the API to create budget orders for the client accounts. Please check this guide for more details. Let me know if you have any further questions.