How to batch by CampaignId when calling PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT

Caihua Du

Sep 15, 2016, 1:53:12 AM9/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi there,

I have a question regarding PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT.

Previously, we request PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT in the Account level and set "includeZeroImpressions" so that I can get all the data back no matter if there is impression or not.

However, when the account has tons of AdExtensions, it will take quite some time to download all the AdExtensions, so I would like to set the request to CampaignLevel and download in batches based on the CampaignId.

When I try to do that, I need specific CampaignId as a field in the request. Since CampaignId doesn't support ZeroImpresssion, the request will be marked as bad request from Google.

Is there anyway that I can do to call AdExtension by CampaginId batches?

Thanks!
Caihua.

Joyce Lava

Sep 15, 2016, 3:52:16 AM9/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Caihua,

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm afraid there is currently no way I am aware of that you can generate Placeholder_Feed_Item_Report per CampaignId with includeZeroImpressions as true.

What I can suggest is to get all the campaign's feed using CampaignFeed.get operation based on campaignId. From this, you can get all the feedIds associated with the Campaign. Then get all feedItems associated in each feedId using FeedItemService.get. Collect the list of feedItemIds then use this list of feedItemIds as a predicate in the report column FeedItemId. This column supports zero impressions. It's a bit more work but you may give it a try for now and let me know the results as I could not replicate it with my test account.

Additionally, if the suggested above is not ideal on your end, then you can just generate the report by dateRange to lessen the returned data. Please let me know if this helps.

You may also keep an eye to our blog to check on future announcements about this feature.

Thanks,
Joyce, AdWords API Team

Caihua Du

Sep 15, 2016, 2:37:49 PM9/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you Joyce for the reply. Yes this confirmed our suspect that CampaginId can't be used in Placeholder_Feed_Item_Report if includeZeroImpressions is true.

We'll consider the solutions you mentioned by fetching FeedIds from CampaignFeed service.

Thanks,
Caihua.

Joyce Lava

Sep 15, 2016, 10:57:20 PM9/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Caihua,

Please note that what I suggested is not a concrete solution and is just a workaround which theoretically should work based on your requirement. Please always monitor our blog as mentioned above to check on future announcements about the report.

Caihua Du

Sep 16, 2016, 1:08:17 AM9/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Sure, will do.