ConversionTrackerService doesn't respect select fields

pa...@grandmother.ml

Feb 15, 2018, 6:12:15 PM2/15/18
to AdWords API Forum
 ConversionTrackerService doesn't take into account the fields I want to select. I tried using both AWQL and get() method with selector, the return page contains a lot of unnecessary fields .
Also it doesn't return mostRecentConversionDate field even though I specified it.
Is it a bug or did I miss something?

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Feb 16, 2018, 2:10:32 PM2/16/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Could you share us the complete SOAP request and response logs along with the client customer Id, so I can take a look? Please use Reply privately to author option while responding with details.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Feb 19, 2018, 1:47:02 PM2/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the logs. There are certain fields in the API request that will be returned even when not in the selector request. The snippet is auto-generated by the API, and will be ignored in mutate operands. This field will always be returned for conversion trackers that use snippets. If the other fields are not selected, the snippet will use default values for them. The mostRecentConversionDate will return the date of the most recent ad click that led to a conversion for this conversion type.

Hope this addresses your concern. Let me know if you have any other questions.