CampaignExtensionSetting and Placeholder Report

cv

Oct 8, 2018, 8:02:29 AM10/8/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I am seeing difference in results for CampaignExtensionSetting and Placeholder Report Output.
Campaign extensions service not return the Call and sitelink Extensions, but the Placeholder report has same.

How I could be identify when we need to use report or service?

Thanks,

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Oct 8, 2018, 4:40:46 PM10/8/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

The Placeholder Report provides statistics for feed-based ad extensions, one row per placeholder type and CampaignExtensionSettingService.get will return CampaignExtensionSetting at the campaign level. So as per your requirement you can use either service or report. The values from report and service may not match with each other. However, if you have set the Call and sitelink Extensions to the campaign, then it should return in get request. If you already did, and the values are not populating then please share the SOAP request and response so that I can troubleshoot the issue. You can use 'Reply privately to author' option while responding.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Team

cv

Oct 9, 2018, 1:14:51 AM10/9/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Milind,

What do you mean by feed-based ad extensions ? Does It different then ad extensions set which I can see under the Ads & Extensions section under UI?

The values from report and service may not match with each other. However, if you have set the Call and sitelink Extensions to the campaign, then it should return in get request.
-> Yes I have set the Call and sitelink Extensions to the campaign, but it is not return through API.

If you already did, and the values are not populating then please share the SOAP request and response so that I can troubleshoot the issue.
-> I have share the soap log.