Cannot select a combination of ConversionTrackerId and ActiveViewCpm

Ronak Shah

Oct 18, 2016, 1:47:26 AM10/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Adwords API Team,

I just migrated my application to v201605 and I am trying to fetch the KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT with following fields :-

"AdGroupId",
"AdGroupName",
"CampaignId",
"CampaignName",
"ConversionTrackerId",
"ConversionTypeName",
"ConvertedClicks",
"Conversions",
"ConversionValue"

but this is getting failed and error message says that "Cannot select a combination of ConversionTrackerId and ActiveViewCpm" this is weird As you can see above that ActiveViewCpm field is not in the fields list, this issue is coming using v201605 only but if I change back to v201603 it would work fine.

Anyone Please check this issue  this is critical and we cannot migrate to v201605 unless its fixed.

Thanks,
Ronak Shah

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Oct 18, 2016, 10:21:39 AM10/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ronak,

It looks like you may be truncating the error message. The full error is as follows:

<reportDownloadError>
  <ApiError>
    <type>ReportDefinitionError.INVALID_FIELD_NAME_FOR_REPORT</type>
    <trigger>Cannot select a combination of ConversionTrackerId and ActiveViewCpm,ActiveViewCtr,ActiveViewImpressions,ActiveViewMeasurability,ActiveViewMeasurableCost,ActiveViewMeasurableImpressions,ActiveViewViewability,AverageCost,AverageCpc,AverageCpe,AverageCpm,AverageCpv,AveragePageviews,AveragePosition,AverageTimeOnSite,BounceRate,ClickAssistedConversionValue,ClickAssistedConversions,ClickAssistedConversionsOverLastClickConversions,Clicks,Cost,Ctr,EngagementRate,Engagements,GmailForwards,GmailSaves,GmailSecondaryClicks,ImpressionAssistedConversionValue,ImpressionAssistedConversions,ImpressionAssistedConversionsOverLastClickConversions,Impressions,InteractionRate,InteractionTypes,Interactions,PercentNewVisitors,SearchExactMatchImpressionShare,SearchImpressionShare,SearchRankLostImpressionShare,VideoQuartile100Rate,VideoQuartile25Rate,VideoQuartile50Rate,VideoQuartile75Rate,VideoViewRate,VideoViews</trigger>
    <fieldPath>ConversionTrackerId</fieldPath>
  </ApiError>
</reportDownloadError>

That being said, I don't see any of the fields you are selecting in the full list either. I'll follow up with the reporting team and get back to you.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Ronak Shah

Oct 18, 2016, 11:30:07 AM10/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Josh,

I am not actually truncating the error message because in the CSV Report this is what I see

but yes you are right I am not using any of the field which you mentioned.Thanks for catching the Error, Please let me know once its solved, currently our app is running on v201603 and we are in process to update the API to v201605

Thanks,
Ronak Shah

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Oct 18, 2016, 3:52:39 PM10/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ronak,

I'm still looking into this, but have found that the request will succeed if you remove ConvertedClicks from the field list. I'd recommend moving away from ConvertedClicks -- it was removed in v201607 along with its derived fields.

For more background on the removal of ConvertedClicks, check out this Inside AdWords blog post.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Ronak Shah

Oct 19, 2016, 12:14:58 AM10/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Josh,

Yes you are correct but its only effective from v201607 it should still work in v201605 the changes of removal of converted clicks will only be effective from v201607.If you make a query using v201603 it would work absolutely fine.When our application will move to v201607 we will remove that but atleast for 201605 it should still work.

Thanks!
Ronak Shah

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Oct 19, 2016, 8:46:28 AM10/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ronak,

I agree completely -- I'm following up on that issue and will provide an update once I have more information.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Ronak Shah

Oct 20, 2016, 11:55:06 AM10/20/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Josh,

Any update we are waiting for this issue to get fixed as from 31st October, 2016 v201603 will sunset and So We are hoping this issue to get fixed before 31st October, 2016.

Thanks!
Ronak Shah

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Oct 20, 2016, 4:00:27 PM10/20/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ronak,

It turns out that this was an intentional change in v201605, but we missed including it in the release notes and migration guide. I'm going to address that, but starting with v201605, you won't be able to request ConvertedClicks along with ConversionCategoryName, ConversionTrackerId, or ConversionTypeName.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Ronak Shah

Oct 21, 2016, 1:24:58 PM10/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Josh,

Thank you for your response, So with that being said I need to use Conversions instead of ConvertedClicks starting from v201605 but if we look under Adwords Web Editor we still able to see option of Converted Clicks so is that also gonna get removed from Adwords UI?

Thanks,
Ronak Shah

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Oct 21, 2016, 3:09:14 PM10/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ronak,

I'm not sure of the eventual fate of Converted clicks in the user interface, but in general we are definitely encouraging users to move to Conversions, both in the user interface and the AdWords API.

In addition, the same incompatibility issue exists for Converted clicks in the user interface. For example, if you choose Segment -> Conversions -> Conversion name in the user interface, you'll see that Converted clicks will be "--" for every row in the segmentation. In contrast, the Conversions column will have values within the segmentation rows.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Ronak Shah

Oct 24, 2016, 1:46:30 AM10/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Josh,

Thank you for your response.We have moved to Conversions and everything is working fine now.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Ronak Shah

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Oct 24, 2016, 9:48:45 AM10/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ronak,

Thanks for the update -- glad to hear it's working for you now.

I'll make sure we update our release notes and migration guide soon. Thanks again for pointing this out!

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team