How to disable automated extensions?

GDZ

Sep 29, 2016, 4:30:56 PM9/29/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello!

Can't seem to find any info on how to disable(opt-out) automated extensions using API.

Thank you!

GDZ

Anthony Madrigal

Sep 29, 2016, 8:01:09 PM9/29/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no AdWords API equivalent to automated extensions, so you will not be able to disable them using the API. You will need to use the UI.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

GDZ

Sep 30, 2016, 1:24:01 AM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
We have >24 thousand accounts under our MCC umbrella. How do I suppose to do it manually? :)

GDZ

Anthony Madrigal

Sep 30, 2016, 11:50:15 AM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Since you are doing it manually, I suggest reaching out to the AdWords Community Forum since they deal with UI specific questions.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

GDZ

Oct 2, 2016, 1:50:12 AM10/2/16
to AdWords API Forum
I can't do it manually, that's the point.

As I said we have >24K accounts where we need to disable this automated extension. Can't be done manually obviously. And that is a problem - we can't do it via API, so what do we do?

GDZ

Anthony Madrigal

Oct 3, 2016, 2:14:13 PM10/3/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Perhaps AdWords Editor may be able to do this for you. The forum I sent you earlier may have some idea with how to do this manually or through AdWords Editor, so I recommend reaching out there.

If there are any API workarounds, I will let you know.