Get last cpcbid change date using KEYWORD PERFORMANCE REPORT

Eduardo Cesar

Dec 7, 2017, 12:21:19 PM12/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello.

I'm trying to get two important  information from my keywords using Adwords API. The first is the CURRENT CPC bid. The second is the last date that the bid was modified.

I prefer use the report (and not the AdgroupCriterionService) to get the cpc info. My doubts are:

1) If I choose the field 'CpcBid' in the report and choose 'LAST_30_DAYS' time window, the returned value CpcBid is EVER the current CpcBid?
2) How can I get the last date that the cpc was modified in keyword using adwords reports?

Thanks!

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 7, 2017, 4:20:32 PM12/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

The value returned from the CpcBid field will always reflect the current Max CPC for the Keyword, ignoring the timespan of the report.

As for your second concern, it is not possible to retrieve historical changes through reports using the API. You could keep an eye out on our blog for any upcoming releases or announcements.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Eduardo Cesar

Dec 7, 2017, 5:08:28 PM12/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
I know that I can not get the CPC bid history directly...
But can I use this solution below?

I use the keyword report and choose the fields 'Id', 'CpcBid' and 'Date'.
Then the report will return the CpcBid history for each keyword.
If I know the cpc history in the report, then I can find the exact day that a change occurred.

If what I have said is true, I think it is possible discovery the exact date of keyword bid changed.
Is this approach correct?

Thanks!
Eduardo Cesar

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 8, 2017, 11:17:19 AM12/8/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to retrieve the CpcBid history for each keyword. The CpcBid will always return the current Max CPC, irrespective of the date range. If the Max CPC bid is changed today, generating a report for the last month would still return the current value.

Bharani, AdWords API Team

Eduardo Cesar

Dec 9, 2017, 6:16:11 PM12/9/17
to AdWords API Forum
When I get the report using the time_range as 'LAST_30_DAYS' and select the field 'DATE', many keywords have different cpcbid through the time.
I think for each row the cpcbid is the last cpcbid of the day (Am I correct?) . If it is correct, I can find the days when a cpcbig chage occurred (Not considering some specific cases).

I know if I not do the segmentation by date, the returned value is the current bid. What if I segment the report by 'date' field?

Thanks.
Eduardo Cesar

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 11, 2017, 11:29:34 AM12/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

As mentioned in my previous response, the CpcBid will always return the current Max CPC, irrespective of the date range. If you're performing the segmentation with Date, the CpcBid would still return the current Max CPC. The Date field returned in the report would be the segmented field for LAST_30_DAYS. This will not return the Cpc bid changes for this duration. This said, it is not possible to retrieve the history for the CpcBid changes through the API reports.

Thanks,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Eduardo Cesar

Dec 11, 2017, 1:37:43 PM12/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
It is very strange, because when I get the report the cpcbid is not constant in the time. Do you know a possible motive to this return?

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 11, 2017, 1:55:18 PM12/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Could you provide us the complete report definition along with the clientCustomerId, so I can take a look? Please use Reply privately to author option to share the details.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 11, 2017, 3:27:07 PM12/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the report definition. The Keyword Performance Report aggregates stats at the keyword level, one row per keyword. It looks like you're using different segment fields and hence you may get more than one row per keyword. I also see that any particular keyword will still have the current Max CPC value for any date.

Additionally, CpcBid is of the type Attribute which indicates that the values returned will always reflect the current state of the account, ignoring the timespan of the report. The only option in this case would be that you monitor these changes locally within your system and track the CpcBid changes.