How to identify campaigns created with AdWords Express

井上剛志

Oct 22, 2018, 7:37:36 AM10/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

In order to determine the campaign where MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT occurs, I think that it can be determined by referring to SEARCH_EXPRESS and DISPLAY_EXPRESS of AdvertisingChannelSubType.

However, when getting information on the corresponding campaign by GET operation, AdvertisingChannelType is UNKNOWN, AdvertisingChannelSubType is not returned, so we can not determine the campaign where MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT occurs.

What should I refer to in order to identify Adwords express campaigns?

The ID of the campaign currently having problems is as follows.

CampaignId 1416515981

The currently used API version is v201802.

Best regards,
Inoue

Teja Makani

Oct 22, 2018, 2:27:44 PM10/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Takeshi,

The campaign subtype field in AdWords API is not the same as campaign subtype in the UI. There was an update on the Express campaign according to which the AdvertisingChannelType will be EXPRESS and the AdvertisingChannelSubType will be UNKNOWN going forward. You could use the Campaign Performance Report to identify the AdWords Express campaigns using the AdvertisingChannelType field. Please give it a try and let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Sai Teja, the AdWords API Team.