"This operation is not permitted on this campaign type" when trying to set bidding strategy on a smart campaign

Bevan Wentzel

Dec 22, 2022, 4:49:13 AM12/22/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
When I try to set the bidding strategy on a smart campaign:
```
    campaign.bidding_strategy_type = (
        client.enums.BiddingStrategyTypeEnum[MANUAL_CPC]
    )
    campaign.manual_cpc.enhanced_cpc_enabled = True
```
I get an error "This operation is not permitted on this campaign type... On field: campaign_bidding_strategy"

When I create the campaign without setting a bidding strategy on the smart campaign, the bid strategy type shows as "Invalid" and the status as "bid strategy misconfigured"

Any ideas?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Dec 22, 2022, 11:58:52 AM12/22/22
to bevanw...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bevan,

Thank you for raising this concern to the Google Ads API Forum.

It seems that your concerns are discussed in this document. However, to better check this in our end, could you please provide the complete API request and response logs with request ID and request header that generated on your end?

If you haven't yet, logging can be enabled by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link.

For security purposes, you can provide it via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsapi-support@google.com.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Jinky